Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face coverings in the UK Parliament

UK government advice on face coverings:
    "By covering your nose and mouth with a face covering, you’ll reduce the spread of droplets and aerosols carrying the virus by limiting the amount of the virus being released when you talk and breathe, helping to protect others.
    We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet."
    [my emphasis]

Government benches in Parliament today:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_119980251_torympsparliamentrogerharris.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	580625
    Opposition benches in Parliament today:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_119980253_labourlibdemsnophoc.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	580626

That tells its own story, eh Chris?

And is that the odious Mark Francois smirking there behind BJ, next to the only one wearing a mask in the top pic?

God help us!

Love,

Caz
    X
    I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

To be fair, a few other Tories were wearing masks, such as Theresa May just behind Francois and apparently Michael Gove somewhere out of shot, and a few on the Opposition benches weren't.

But I find it very difficult to understand why MPs, who normally try to portray themselves as responsible and considerate members of society, should behave like this. These were some of the possible reasons that occurred to me:
      (1) They think the government's advice is for little people, and they are above it.
      (2) They think they are invulnerable themselves, and they don't understand the main point of wearing a mask is to protect other people.
      (3) They think wearing a mask them look as though though they are "cowering" from the virus (in the Health Secretary's phrase) and makes them look weak.
      (4) They think they should project an image that everything is back to normal for the sake of the economy.
      (5) They don't think.

Comment

A general superiority complex might cover most of those, Chris.

Love,

Caz
        X
        I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

Working...
        X