Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The greatest archaeological revelation in the history of humankind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest archaeological revelation in the history of humankind?

There's an interesting article in the Spectator about the astonishing archaeological discoveries over the last few decades in Eastern Turkey, revealing a monument-building culture that flourished as many as 13 thousand years ago. The builders may have had six fingers, and were evidently obsessed with their genitalia. The article's opening line is certainly effective enough at getting the reader's attention:
    "I am staring at about a dozen, stiff, eight-foot high, orange-red penises ... "
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...astern-turkey-

Fascinating stuff Chris. Something that important and yet I’d never heard of it. I might have to invest in a book on the subject.
    Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
      The builders may have had six fingers
      Myth or otherwise, this detail is particularly interesting. There are petroglyphs in the southwestern U.S.A. (Chaco Canyon) that show figures with six fingers and/or six toes.

The Mysterious Extra Fingers and Toes of the Pueblo People of Chaco Canyon | Ancient Origins (ancient-origins.net)

These six-fingered figures also turn up in South America. The Mayans believed people with six-fingers had supernatural powers.

Comment

And a better grasp on certain appendages

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
          And a better grasp on certain appendages
          I must say that - while the article coyly talks about their hands being positioned to protect their genitalia - it doesn't look to me as though that's what they are doing with their hands.

It's interesting that these amazing remains were lurking so near to the surface, and in one case the sculptures had already been excavated and incorporated in the wall of a farmyard!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Banks View Post
            Fascinating stuff Chris. Something that important and yet I’d never heard of it. I might have to invest in a book on the subject.
            Have you Googled 'Gobleki Tepi'?
            https://youtu.be/P8SgJPMDrXw

Be careful, there's a lot of video's posted by fringe groups who want to claim advanced technologies, aliens, and such nonsense.
            Regards, Jon S.
            "
            The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
            " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
            Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicker Man View Post

Have you Googled 'Gobleki Tepi'?
              https://youtu.be/P8SgJPMDrXw

Be careful, there's a lot of video's posted by fringe groups who want to claim advanced technologies, aliens, and such nonsense.
              Cheers Wick.
              Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Originally posted by R. J. Palmer View Post

Myth or otherwise, this detail is particularly interesting. There are petroglyphs in the southwestern U.S.A. (Chaco Canyon) that show figures with six fingers and/or six toes.

The Mysterious Extra Fingers and Toes of the Pueblo People of Chaco Canyon | Ancient Origins (ancient-origins.net)

These six-fingered figures also turn up in South America. The Mayans believed people with six-fingers had supernatural powers.

The Daily Grail has an article commenting on this feature of the discoveries in Turkey. It mentions Chaco Canyon and the Mayans, but then it goes off into a discussion of a possible link to the Biblical nephilim, which seems to place a lot of reliance on a single reference to a six-fingered (and -toed) Philistine giant. For those who are interested, there's also a link to a video on the subject that I haven't watched, by someone describing himself as "a goodwill ambassador from the lunatic fringe":
                https://www.dailygrail.com/2022/05/i...-civilization/

Personally I've always thought that the prevalence of the number 12 in ancient counting systems would fit in better with 6 digits than with 5. Though it may just be a result of the year having roughly 360 days and 12 being divisible by both 2 and 3 ...

Comment

Working...
                X