How to... cook a full English breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to... cook a full English breakfast

No meal has quite the same power as the full English breakfast with all the trimmings. After an evening of over-indulgence, it can bring you back from the darkest depths.

Thish is all that Mishter Brown would need - eating beans for breakfast.

Very fair but for the omission of HP Brown Sauce - an absolute ESSENTIAL

Comment

I don't see any tomatoes on that plate. And why only 3 sausages?

And where's the bread and marmalade?

I know these are tough times, but a chap has to maintain standards.

Comment

Haven't the British learned how to make omelettes yet ?
        No one eats baked beans for breakfast if they have a job working near women.
        No one drinks tea for breakfast except the British.

Those baked beans look way too runny. You really need to import B&M beans

They're good if and when you get shitfaced too and can't find your car keys, much less drive.
        Three A.M. and your refrigerator looks just like a hooker's....a piece of lettuce stuck to the side of the inner wall...a jar of mustard...and empty tupperware....except for that plate of B&M beans.

Take a kupla slices of bread and heat the beans. Trust me....a baked bean sandwich is a four course meal when the alcohol level in your blood is at .02 percent.

Even though Heinz is a Pennsylvania-made brand o' baked bean...they suck compared to the incomparable B&M Bean.

Comment

I don't recall ever seeing mushrooms on a breakfast plate.

And where's the fried tomato?

And the kidneys?
          "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

How: doesn't B&M also make the "bread in a can" thingy?
            "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Mag:
              I believe so...I haven't eaten it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                I don't recall ever seeing mushrooms on a breakfast plate.

And where's the fried tomato?

And the kidneys?
                Oh! That was a *mushroom!* When I first saw it I thought it was an ashtray with two cigarette buts stubbed out.
                And what's with that Americanized streaky bacon? That's not real English bacon. English bacon looks more like Danish ham slices, to American eyes. What's that between the toast and the "mushroom"??? Looks like a fried Chipmonk, or a really skinny quail. Speaking of toast... That toast is actually *toasted!* English toast is supposed to be so lightly toasted that it's difficult to tell it from warmed-over stale bread slices. It's supposed to be only lightly yellow from toasting, not genuine brown and crunchy. Same as the missing tomato, warmed-over, not fried in a manner Americans would recognize as having been fried. To an American, fried means "nearly burnt to a crisp lump of charcoal." The eggs sunny-side-up look quite nice, though I prefer scrambled. The beans are a bit runnier than I remember having seen, but no doubt they'll taste just fine.The sausages look to be smaller than I've been served in England in the past, but they are nicely browned and look delightful. What's that between the coffee cup and the plate? Sugar cubes? If so, I wouldn't need them unless there was Whiskey in the coffee, but I could give them to Lyn for her tea.
                All-in-all, that looks as if it'd keep someone going until luncheon. Not a bad breakfast at all. Far better than an egg McMuffin and a cup of McCoffee!

Dan
                "Behold! I have become the Blue Screen of Death, Destroyer of Hard Drives! Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

Comment

The perfect fry up would include,
                  Sausages
                  Bacon
                  Eggs
                  Beans
                  Tomato's
                  Black Pudding
                  Hash Browns
                  Fried Bread

There are numerous examples here,

I recall working at one of the local oil mills with Dad back in the late 90's early 00's and he introduced me to the "Belly Buster" This was esentially a Full English but served in a giant bread bun! The thing usually fell apart because of all the juices but they were lovely.

A local cafe near us offers an Ultimate Full English, if you finish it you get your photo taken and put in the window, but very few people have actually finished it. It has about 10 sausages on it for a start.

My Full English days are behind me, I cannot remember the last time I had one, but every now and then I am tempted by the local cafes that emit the scent of bacon and sausages cooking away.

Comment

Here's the virtual English Breakfast:

Comment

Retch!

Tomatoes/beans and eggs together produce a taste that makes me retch. Perhaps it's a reaction between the tomato juice/sauce and the sulphur in the egg white? Whatever the reason, I can't stand the combination. I love them separately, but never touching each other if I can help it.

Anyone else out there with this affliction?
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                      (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Sam...

I'm still puzzled about the addition of baked beans to a breakfast.
                        I wouldn't think loading up early in the A.M. with a food containing the poot-ential of beans would be advantageous...if you worked with other people.
                        On a side note...try Boston baked beans one day...not for breakfast, but at a normal time...like suppertime.
                        Yours
                        The Gormand

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                          I'm still puzzled about the addition of baked beans to a breakfast.
                          So am I, How... especially the "English" breakfast. I mean, lovely as they are, baked beans are hardly native to the British Isles, are they?

I quite like a "traditional" Welsh breakfast of cockles, bacon and laverbread. Looks disgusting, tastes great, and - allegedly - is bursting with iron and vitamins. No windy side-effects either.
                          On a side note...try Boston baked beans one day
                          I'll seek them out, Squire.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Of course the 'English Breakfast' is a poor copy of the artery busting original and best Ulster Fry. A breakfast that can do you all day.

Comment

3.30 pounds.........is that the price or how much weight one would gain after eating it?

Comment

Working...
                              X