Fish Pie---?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cris Malone View Post
    Just fry my fish in cornmeal with some hush puppies on the side. And leave em whole (cept cut the heads off I reckon) Don't want any of that fillet crap.
    I have never been able to make hush puppies. They just soak up all the oil. At this time my gall bladder doesn't even want me to think about such things so I guess I am done experimenting.

I would like to taste someone else's successful hush puppies to see what they should be like.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Just fry my fish in cornmeal with some hush puppies on the side.
      Hush Puppies? You eat shoes?!!
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
      (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Well, their cats do, as in the song "Pardon me boy, is this the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
          Well, their cats do, as in the song "Pardon me boy, is this the cat that chewed your new shoes?"
          It must be forty years since I heard that joke, Robert. Thanks for reminding me! I've been waiting to resurrect the "lime green hairy-lipped squid" joke one day, but I can't remember what the buildup to the punchline was. Something to do with washing dishes, obviously, but that's all I can recall.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Fear not, Gareth :

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...9100727AAwSM2R

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
              I have never been able to make hush puppies. They just soak up all the oil.
              Get the oil good and hot...300° f. Don't put too much liquid in batter (I like to use buttermilk) Roll it up on a wet spoon(so it doesn't stick) and drop it in oil ( I like corn oil)

Hot grease lets it form a crust before it is saturated.

And if you really want hushpuppies that you'll slap your momma for, use diced valdalia onions instead of dried onions or onion powder.

I like to add some minced bell peppers in the mix too, but that's not necessary if you don't like em.
              Best Wishes,
              Cris Malone

Comment

Get the oil good and hot...300° f. Don't put too much liquid in batter (I like to use buttermilk) Roll it up on a wet spoon(so it doesn't stick) and drop it in oil ( I like corn oil)

Hot grease lets it form a crust before it is saturated.

And if you really want hushpuppies that you'll slap your momma for, use diced valdalia onions instead of dried onions or onion powder.

I like to add some minced bell peppers in the mix too, but that's not necessary if you don't like em.
                Thanks.

One of my attempts at hush puppies contained onion and green pepper. Sounded so good. I must not have had the oil at the right temperature.
                The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                  I would like to taste someone else's successful hush puppies to see what they should be like.
                  Here's a link, Anna, but I hope your teeth are up to it:

http://www.hushpuppies.com/US/en/home

I prefer something softer, like slippers.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

Working...
                  X