Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Dress For Success And To Get A Man: A 1967 Guide For Women

http://flashbak.com/how-to-dress-for...s-women-56767/

Things were a lot different 50 years ago on the social scene.

Back in those days, those of us who were becoming young women, were continually admonished by grown-ups about the perils of miniskirts. Don't bend over. Kneel carefully if you have to pick up something. When you sit, keep your legs together. It was the beginning of "Women's Liberation" and then or soon after, women burned their bras, yet the miniskirt survived for a number of years. Not to mention the cost of pantyhose worn under the miniskirts.

Today's style of "leggings" which are little more than tights, with a tunic over the top, makes so much more sense!
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

I haven't read this yet, but I will just say that the most important thing for a man is that his wife knows how to make a good cup of tea.

Comment

Have now read it.

Most of this is tosh. It doesn't matter what you wear - your man won't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
          Have now read it.

Most of this is tosh. It doesn't matter what you wear - your man won't notice.
          Too True!!

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
          Back in those days, those of us who were becoming young women, were continually admonished by grown-ups about the perils of miniskirts. Don't bend over. Kneel carefully if you have to pick up something. When you sit, keep your legs together. It was the beginning of "Women's Liberation" and then or soon after, women burned their bras, yet the miniskirt survived for a number of years. Not to mention the cost of pantyhose worn under the miniskirts.

Today's style of "leggings" which are little more than tights, with a tunic over the top, makes so much more sense!
          Oh how I remember. We had to bend at the knee, and hope we didn't fall off our heals.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford
            It doesn't matter what you wear - your man won't notice.
            Only after marriage, Robert.

It's similar to "You never complained about my nymphomania BEFORE we were married."

Comment

Working...
            X