New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gareth:

We're very sorry to hear of this tragedy. Our condolences.

How & Nina
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      Gareth: We're very sorry to hear of this tragedy. Our condolences. How & Nina
      Thanks both. She'd only just turned 51, poor thing.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
      (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Alas, the vaccine arrived too late for my cousin, who I've just heard died of COVID-19 earlier today.
        Gareth: My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicker Man View Post
          Interesting that the manufacturers cannot say yet whether their vaccine actually kills the virus. Yes, they are 95?% sure it helps your body defend itself against the virus, but can you still pass the virus on to others? Do we still need to wear a mask, wash hands, stay 6 feet apart? How long does immunity last; 1 month, 6 months, a year?, longer? As the virus mutates (as often occurs) will we need a periodic booster shot at regular intervals? All new territory, but we cannot assume this is the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is perhaps the end......oh, sorry, someone else said that......
          Sounds like the vaccines are relying on protein fragments to imprint on the immune system. One source today mentioned an entry protein. I picture a docking protein that allows the virus to attach to living cells but I might be wrong on that. The good news is there is no way for any RNA fragments to recombine and make a whole, infective virus.

It looks like projections are that all the restrictions are likely to remain until well into 2021.

Comment

• As I have said many times, after having a weird, presumably virus infection about a year ago, the chronic, severe migraine I have got a lot worse. A couple weeks ago my friend took me to the emergency room where I got some IV's.

My friend and I and her family all lived together last year. There were four adults and five kids. Also as I have said, one child became ill after visiting a corner of Northeast Oregon where schools had closed in November because of 61% absenteeism due, presumably to a 'weird', 'really tough' virus.

The child completely lost sense of smell and taste after being ill a couple days. Then others became mildly ill and lost sense of smell and taste. I got a very sore mouth and other symptoms, ending with one of the worst migraines I have had. From there on the migraine became daily for a number of months and now weekly.

Anyway, the ER doctors took this history and listened to what my friend had to say and these doctors said we have definitely had COVID.

I still follow all rules and avoid crowds and some other things but I don't think I will worry so much about where I have been and count down the days to know I didn't get sick after doing something.

There is more and more information indicating SARS-CoV-2 was in populations earlier than known. There are no reliable tests to show if someone had it a year ago or so. I wonder how this affects news on infection rates, immunity, etc.? I wonder how this will affect reports on the efficacy of vaccines? I am really curious about the actual percentage of people who have had COVID and who, presumably, hopefully, have immunity. It seems like all this will continue to be an unanswerable black area in research.

Comment

• Anyway, the ER doctors took this history and listened to what my friend had to say and these doctors said we have definitely had COVID.

I believe Nina and I also had it way back in late January, Anna.

Just came back from getting a Covid test at CVS about 1/2 hour from here.
              The company told us Thursday that we had to get one because a co-worker, who wears a mask at all times, tested positive. I don't mind that much having time off because I needed time off after the bullshit with the site last week and this week.

Nina spent well over an hour trying to locate one in the county ( not that free County-Covid testing place....they have 40 to 50 people waiting in line out in the cold..the hell with that !!)....and found one CVS over in Plymouth.

Took about 10 minutes to get the paperwork, ID, medical card (the test is free) and sticking a Q-tip up my schnozz to complete it. I'm positive the test will be negative.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if members who still work around a lot of people to have it done just to be sure, if not for you, then for others.
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                Gareth: My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
                Thank you, Anna. Much appreciated.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Anyway, the ER doctors took this history and listened to what my friend had to say and these doctors said we have definitely had COVID.

I believe Nina and I also had it way back in late January, Anna.

Just came back from getting a Covid test at CVS about 1/2 hour from here.
                  The company told us Thursday that we had to get one because a co-worker, who wears a mask at all times, tested positive. I don't mind that much having time off because I needed time off after the bullshit with the site last week and this week.

Nina spent well over an hour trying to locate one in the county ( not that free County-Covid testing place....they have 40 to 50 people waiting in line out in the cold..the hell with that !!)....and found one CVS over in Plymouth.

Took about 10 minutes to get the paperwork, ID, medical card (the test is free) and sticking a Q-tip up my schnozz to complete it. I'm positive the test will be negative.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if members who still work around a lot of people to have it done just to be sure, if not for you, then for others.
                  What the heck is the b***s*** going on with the site? It was different every time I checked in and mainly I couldn't get on. Do we need an upgrade or something?

Comment

• What the heck is the b***s*** going on with the site? It was different every time I checked in and mainly I couldn't get on. Do we need an upgrade or something?
                    -Anna-

Site's fine now, Anna...just some problems with the software, which I purchased today.

It was a mess for about a week...dealing with this site's problems.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      Alas, the vaccine arrived too late for my cousin, who I've just heard died of COVID-19 earlier today.
                      I'm very sorry to hear that.

Comment

• Elon Musk is planning to relocate to Texas so that he can avoid tax and prevent his income being affected by regulations designed to protect people from being killed by COVID-19:
                        https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/tesl...iates-say.html

At least situations like this can cause people to show their true colours.

Comment

• Thanks, Chris.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Nina's and my Covid tests came back negative, so it's back off to work tomorrow.
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Nina's and my Covid tests came back negative, so it's back off to work tomorrow.
                              Good news, Howie. Stay safe both of you!
                              Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                              https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                              Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

• Thanks CG. Much appreciated.

Gotta say, I was more than a little pissed off to see some 50 year old co-workers not wearing masks today at work. We didn't get ordered to take tests for not wearing masks but being in the vicinity of a co-worker who has it.
                                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                                X