No announcement yet.

New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is hard to believe some still say there is no disease. By now I would think most of us know folks who have been diagnosed and at least by extension, folks who have been severely ill or died. Even in my sheltered, small town existence, numbers by county usually show a few deaths. By this time I actually know quite a few people who have been diagnosed, all of whom have survived in fairly good condition.

I was late getting a scheduled medical test but I explained that I had had to go to a big city and had been in crowds and filthy conditions so I had self quarantined 14 days after returning to Idaho. The nurse was very surprised, complementary and thankful. She said she wished more would do the same.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• The UK's first emergency mortuary, at Headley Court in Surrey, because hospital mortuaries are now full:
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55613575

Comment

• Looks like we may have left the EU just in time.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...-programme/amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
          Looks like we may have left the EU just in time.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...-programme/amp
          We sure did!

Comment

• Its now having an effect on life expectancy.
            https://www.livescience.com/us-life-...e=notification
            Its apparently having a similar effect in the UK.

Comment

• With the EU floundering about and blaming anyone but themselves for their cock ups, it's great to see in this morning's BBC news that science says the UK vaccination strategy is the right one. A few mistakes have undoubtedly been made along the line, but the vaccination strategy has been a triumph with around ten million first jabs already given. Something to be proud of, and a bit of welcome good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Butler View Post
                With the EU floundering about and blaming anyone but themselves for their cock ups, it's great to see in this morning's BBC news that science says the UK vaccination strategy is the right one. A few mistakes have undoubtedly been made along the line, but the vaccination strategy has been a triumph with around ten million first jabs already given. Something to be proud of, and a bit of welcome good news.
                And I heard yesterday that the UK has carried out almost half of the genome sequencing that has been done - in the entire world!

Comment

• I have been saying, I think some of the best research and leadership from science has come from the UK. I get the best news and information on the virus from UK sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                    I have been saying, I think some of the best research and leadership from science has come from the UK. I get the best news and information on the virus from UK sources.
                    That’s nice to know, Anna.

The government here has just announced the start of a ‘mix and match’ vaccine trial - looking into the efficacy of giving different vaccines for the 1st and second jab.

Comment

• Here it is said not to mix doses of the various vaccines. I feel encouraged that there have not been any neurological side effects reported for any of the vaccines. It seems mixing the different products could lead to something like Guillan Barre. My reasoning is, if the immune system got overloaded and started attacking the body.

Comment

• Getting a little hairy at work.

In the last two weeks, 3 female co-workers and one young fella at work have acquired Covid. One of the females who acquired it had been worked with me and my crew just last week.

The guy at work who used to have to be strongarmed into putting the damned mask on does it now with no encouragement.
                        To Join JTR Forums :
                        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

• I have my first jab booked for next Tuesday. I'm not sure whether the group I'm in, age 70-74 with no underlying health problems is priority 3 or 4 but someone I know who is under 70 but has a heart condition has been upped into the same group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                            Here it is said not to mix doses of the various vaccines. I feel encouraged that there have not been any neurological side effects reported for any of the vaccines. It seems mixing the different products could lead to something like Guillan Barre. My reasoning is, if the immune system got overloaded and started attacking the body.
                            I have a friend who recently got a shingles vaccination. His doctor advised him not to get the Covid one until the end of February.
                            Best Wishes,
                            Cris Malone

Comment

• At age 65 I wasn't expecting my vaccination for a while. Just had a call to say I'm booked in for this Friday as the local vaccination centre is getting ahead of the game. Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

• I had to rebook mine as with my dodgy legs I didn't want to chance the icy conditions. So now mine is rebooked for Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X