X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Butler View Post
    The dismal and failed disgusting attempt to discredit him over his dealings with Sir James Dyson, the ridiculous flat redecoration debacle, nobody gives a toss who paid for it as long as it wasn't the tax payer, and it wasnt.
    It's odd you should say that, because I was just thinking how funny it would be if Dyson paid for what you call the ridiculous flat decoration. Or Greensill Capital.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Butler
    replied
    Well clearly Cummings wasn't needed, ever. So maybe that was an error of judgement on BJ's part. Boris got elected with a stonking majority, got brexit done and gave us a world beating vaccination programme by not tying us to the failed European one. Pretty darned good, and Cummings being there or not would have made little if any difference to any of it in my view.

The present distraction, and that's all it is, will fizzle out and Boris the survivor will live to fight another day to confound the haters. The dismal and failed disgusting attempt to discredit him over his dealings with Sir James Dyson, the ridiculous flat redecoration debacle, nobody gives a toss who paid for it as long as it wasn't the tax payer, and it wasnt. OK, maybe the BBC cares, who knows?

I'm hoping for another five years and then it's over to Rishi.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline Brown
    replied
    What is stopping Boris getting on with what the majority out there want him to? What is it that they wanted him to do, and why has he failed them all? It can't all be the fault of this one rather sad little man, who was sent on his way with his sandwiches wrapped in a roadmap [to Barnard Castle?]

How much control must he have been given when he was in favour, if he still controls what Boris can and can't do today?? If nothing else, it was a serious error of judgement.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    I'm loving it. It would be almost laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. I really hope BJ gets through this spiteful little attempt to take him down orchestrated by a rather sad little man with a grudge. Then he can get on with what the majority out there want him to.
    I have to admire your loyalty.

The "sad little man" is the same one that all the BoJoites were lauding as a great hero - despite all the spiteful little attempts to take him down - until last December, I take it?

Leave a comment:

• Paul Butler
    replied
    I'm loving it. It would be almost laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. I really hope BJ gets through this spiteful little attempt to take him down orchestrated by a rather sad little man with a grudge. Then he can get on with what the majority out there want him to.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline Brown
    replied
    I think I'd have bought tickets for that - Boris getting crucified, that is. How's that for colourful language?

I've just heard him live on the radio, not answering questions as usual on PM's question time, so I'm assuming reports of him getting crucified by anyone are false - unless Jacob Rees-Mogg is a brilliant mimic.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    Originally posted by Caroline Brown View Post
    He'd be right about one thing. He could say pretty much anything and then lie through his teeth about it, and still his supporters wouldn't care.
    What a load of fuss about bugger all. A man known for his colourful language makes an unguarded remark in private and he gets crucified for it. ... And we've all done that at some time or other I'm sure.
    QED.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Butler
    replied
    What a load of fuss about bugger all. A man known for his colourful language makes an unguarded remark in private and he gets crucified for it. There are much more important things going on in the world than Boris's flat decor or something he obviously didn't mean said in the heat of the moment and under obvious stress. And we've all done that at some time or other I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline Brown
    replied
    Indeed. Very strange to brush off such a very serious allegation in that way, if he would never have dreamed of thinking such a thing, let alone actually saying it.

"No, [I didn't put my love of self and wealth before the lives of all the people who voted for me] but all people really care about is getting the vaccine [and voting for me again next time for saving so many lives]."

He'd be right about one thing. He could say pretty much anything and then lie through his teeth about it, and still his supporters wouldn't care.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    Originally posted by Caroline Brown View Post

It takes something sensational for the Daily Mail to have a dig at BJ. They must believe he said it.

I also suspect hell has no fury like a Dominic Cummings scorned, and he is keeping the best for later.

When will previous Boris supporters finally throw him under the bus I wonder?
    From the tenor of its reports, the BBC certainly seems to think he said it, and ITV apparently has two witnesses prepared to swear on oath that he said it.

In the circumstances, "No, but ..." seems a very strange way to phrase a denial.

I think any denial has to be seen in the context of the government's initial refusal to order a lockdown in March 2020. If that had continued, it's very difficult to see how there could have been less than half a million deaths.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
    More evidence of the criminal folly of the handling of the pandemic by UK politicians:
    "Boris Johnson said he would rather see ‘bodies pile high in their thousands’ than order a third lockdown, it was claimed last night.
    The explosive remark is said to have come after he reluctantly imposed the second lockdown, sources told the Mail."
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ces-claim.html

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson did make remarks suggesting that "bodies could pile high" during a heated discussion about lockdown in Downing Street in the autumn, the BBC has been told.
    However on Monday, the prime minister denied making the remarks, after the Daily Mail carried a report of the conversation."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56890714

The sheer evil and dishonesty of these bastards.
    It takes something sensational for the Daily Mail to have a dig at BJ. They must believe he said it.

I also suspect hell has no fury like a Dominic Cummings scorned, and he is keeping the best for later.

When will previous Boris supporters finally throw him under the bus I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    Originally posted by Phillip Walton View Post

Corona virus as I understand it is also a rhinovirus.
    No, it's not.

(Edit. What you may be thinking of is that what we call the common cold is mostly caused by rhinoviruses, but can also be caused by a variety of other kinds of viruses, including 4 coronaviruses. But they are different viruses.)

Leave a comment:

• Phillip Walton
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
    I thought it was interesting what I read about Australia some time ago. Flu had all but disappeared, but the common cold hadn't been much affected by the anti-COVID measures, apparently because rhinoviruses are more transmissible than flu viruses.
    Corona virus as I understand it is also a rhinovirus.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    More evidence of the criminal folly of the handling of the pandemic by UK politicians:
    "Boris Johnson said he would rather see ‘bodies pile high in their thousands’ than order a third lockdown, it was claimed last night.
    The explosive remark is said to have come after he reluctantly imposed the second lockdown, sources told the Mail."
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ces-claim.html

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson did make remarks suggesting that "bodies could pile high" during a heated discussion about lockdown in Downing Street in the autumn, the BBC has been told.
    However on Monday, the prime minister denied making the remarks, after the Daily Mail carried a report of the conversation."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56890714

The sheer evil and dishonesty of these bastards.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    I thought it was interesting what I read about Australia some time ago. Flu had all but disappeared, but the common cold hadn't been much affected by the anti-COVID measures, apparently because rhinoviruses are more transmissible than flu viruses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X