Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    I hear ya, Anna.
    My one grandmom was given a nice chunk of change in 1912 for her wedding as a gift...she immediately put it into a little thought of stock. People probably rolled their eyes. It was AT &T stock. She lived off it until she sold it shortly before she died..

Back to the virus. Seems its making the rounds everywhere now.
    The virus is getting around but it looks like it doesn't pass as easily as flu. It looks like prolonged exposure to contagious people is necessary. The death rate is still holding at around 2%.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Another fresh case in Melbourne this afternoon. All possible safety precautions are being taken but there's always bound to be the odd case that slips through the net, which is the concern.

Also, well done How.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
        The virus is getting around but it looks like it doesn't pass as easily as flu. It looks like prolonged exposure to contagious people is necessary. The death rate is still holding at around 2%.

There's a lot that is difficult to understand. One of the strangest things is the almost complete disappearance of new cases in mainland China outside Hubei province - the rate of new cases there is now down to about 1% of what it was at its peak of nearly 900 a day three weeks ago.

Comment

Us experts in the pub, me mainly, reckon that the apocalypse will not be caused by nuclear war, asteroids etc but a deadly form of flu virus. The only ones to survive will people who have built up an immunity to everything by eating scrapple.

Comment

Good observation, Dr. String....and probably the only way to save our bipedal butts.
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

A bleak future indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                Us experts in the pub, me mainly, reckon that the apocalypse will not be caused by nuclear war, asteroids etc but a deadly form of flu virus. The only ones to survive will people who have built up an immunity to everything by eating scrapple.
                Or jellied eels.

Comment

Its getting serious in Northern Italy now with IIRC 5 deaths. But more worrying is they haven't identified the carrier yet.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJOyJDIeRM

Comment

Jellied eels are generally defensive...scrapple, on the other hand, should probably be classified as a Weapon of Mass Destruction...

Comment

Possibly even more deadly than surstromming.

Comment

I was considering buying a tin of that to send off to my former office (I know there's buggers there daft enough to open it!) but reconsidered when I looked at the price...when you add the considerable postage it's a costly joke...Don't know though...maybe Howie would like some...

Comment

I'm sure he'd be thrilled and delighted. Also, I hear he's cooking the pancakes this year so just send the package to "The Tosser, Eagleville" and I'm certain it will reach him.

Comment

Here is a clip from the site I linked in my first post. ( https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ ) This is up to date information. Statistics drive me crazy! General media sources are claiming around 2% mortality but surely it makes more sense to get the death rate from the resolved cases, not the masses of people currently infected? If we do this there is a 19% death rate according to this site. COVID-19 has 80% of the SARS genome and it looks like there is a similar mortality rate.
                              Attached Files
                              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

There’sa movie in this an Eagleville resident hold up with a hand gun and fifty tins of scrapple. Phones Harvey. Too soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X