No announcement yet.

New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one, confirmed case of the virus in my county is a man in his 70's. Not one of our tenants. That person's test is still being processed. Still low numbers in this high, limestone desert area.

I have to brave a store for dog food today. Long story about why I ran out. Not my fault. I suggested the dogs could draw lots. Maybe the big dogs could eat the little one or the little one could eat the big ones? The dogs were unimpressed and began eyeing the cats with renewed interest. The damn lazy cats are not bringing in game like they should be. And there is a nice colony of ground squirrels--we call 'em Go-Downs in Idaho--in my blackberry patch. I bet if they were barbequed just right they could look like Cornish game hens. We could say they taste just like game hens...uh....chicken......everything is supposed to taste like chicken. Rattlesnake for instance....)

I have always been odd, it is not the self-isolation that is getting to me......
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• I was just thinking. When we have a baby boom in nine months or so will they call them Covid babies?

Comment

• String: Baby booms do tend to follow disasters. I think it's scientifically proven sexual activity increases during/after disasters and I think fertility does also. There were a number of news articles from Italy before all this, complaining that Italy's young people were not procreating or marrying.

Other than that I read a scientific paper today which strongly rules out the idea this virus was laboratory created or weaponized. Various spots on the virus show evolutionary development. However this virus may have infected humans before and may have gone back and forth. They don't know for how long or where this might have happened nor do they have a firm idea of a non-human species that might have been intermediary. Bats and pangolins are indicated but nothing is for sure. More research needs to be done of biological samples.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by String View Post
          I was just thinking. When we have a baby boom in nine months or so will they call them Covid babies?

"Coronavirus: Twins born during India lockdown named 'Corona and Covid'"
          https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...covid-11968479

Comment

• Fiddling while Rome burns

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...t-dysfunction/

Comment

• Eagleville policeman arrests Siamese twins for not observing distance rule.
              Officer Brown insists 'rules are rules.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
                "Coronavirus: Twins born during India lockdown named 'Corona and Covid'"
                https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...covid-11968479
                ...thus following a tradition established in the Middle Ages, when a pair of twins born during the Great Plague were christened Pustule and Puke.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• You can make a face mask out of a bra. But only use the left cup otherwise you'll look a right tit.

Comment

• You can make a face mask out of a bra

Indeed, and it's an easy way to get a face lift.

Comment

• I see the slightly bonkers Lord Bath of Longleat succumbed yesterday at the grand age of 87.

Now there was a character!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Butler View Post
                        I see the slightly bonkers Lord Bath of Longleat succumbed yesterday at the grand age of 87.

What, to Covid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                          What, to Covid?
                          Yup. He had been in hospital with it for a few days apparently.

Comment

Yup. He had been in hospital with it for a few days apparently.
                            Oh dear! As you say, he was a real character.

Comment

• Don’t forget to tune in to Her Maj’s address tonight (8.00pm).

Now that we’re all having an anus horribilis we’ll be able to look the old girl in the eye.

Comment

I see the slightly bonkers Lord Bath of Longleat succumbed yesterday at the grand age of 87.

Indeed, a character for whom social distancing was always going to be more challenging than most.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                                (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Working...
                                X