Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by String View Post
    ‘ A woman from West Yorkshire has been sentenced to eight months in jail after spitting at a police officer.

    It becoming common, here is a list of scum-bags charged with the same disgusting crime...
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/search-result...137?q=spitting
    Regards, Jon S.
    "
    The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
    " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
    Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

    Comment


    • If (as I've read) there is a BSL4 laboratory in Wuhan, I seriously doubt the virus came from a market.

      Comment


      • Eddie Large has passed away due to covid now. Only 78. He had other health problems it seems.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
          It’s not all about Johnson, String.

          He’s the Prime Minister, whether you like but it not, so his condition is more newsworthy than that of Mr Arthur Grumbleweed a retired newsagent of Acacia Avenue, Sidcup.
          Exactly Garry. Well said. Keep safe .
          Be nice to one another!
          Merv

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jachim3926 View Post
            Exactly Garry. Well said. Keep safe .
            You too, Merv!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nunziu Chiama View Post
              If (as I've read) there is a BSL4 laboratory in Wuhan, I seriously doubt the virus came from a market.
              I read a technical article about the virus, some of which I have clipped. This was very technical biochemistry and there are many good reasons to believe the virus was not laboratory created nor was it weaponized. They are almost 100% sure it was not. That 'almost sure' part is frightening but there is more.

              Other parts of the virus show evolutionary changes, that it has jumped species before and may have jumped in and out of the human population more than once.

              There were some specific factors the researchers say would have been in a laboratory created virus and those things are not present in this coronavirus.

              Italy is wondering if it was present there back to November 2019 when there was an outbreak of "strange pneumonia." They are considering collecting samples from those who died and were buried at that time.

              Recently it has been noted that complete loss of smell and taste may be early or the only symptoms of COVID-19. Interestingly, there was a supposedly viral outbreak in the northeast corner of Oregon, USA. In late November there was 61% absenteeism in the Umatilla County school district and the schools closed for disinfecting.

              A child that lived in my home visited relatives in that area and soon after returning here in December he had a fever of 101 F (38.33 C) for a week plus complete loss of smell and taste. He recovered completely. My best friend became ill and had loss of taste and smell. I became ill, had peculiar symptoms but taste and smell were not affected. Six weeks of severe depression followed and I had never experienced depression before, that sort of being sad and hopeless and seeing no future. Two babies were feverish and fussy for a few days. We have all recovered.

              There have been a couple cases of COVID-19 in this Umatilla area but there seems to be no community spread. So we wonder if the virus visited in Nov-Dec 2019 and if people have some level of immunity.

              My bigger point is, how long has this virus been circulating around the globe? Is this deadly strain a second pass of a previously milder virus? Etc.? It is possible it has been around for a long time and it is also possible it did not originate in China.

              (And there are real complex reasons why bats, not just Chinese bats, vector a lot of these weird things. It has something to do with, mammals shouldn't fly and when they do it requires exquisite biological changes to their metabolism which coincidentally make them excellent reservoirs for nasty, creepy viruses.)
              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                And there are real complex reasons why bats, not just Chinese bats, vector a lot of these weird things. It has something to do with, mammals shouldn't fly and when they do it requires exquisite biological changes to their metabolism which coincidentally make them excellent reservoirs for nasty, creepy viruses.
                I learned yesterday that one aspect of bat metabolism, namely their very high body temperatures when flying (around 105 Fahrenheit or 40 Celsius), might explain why the Covid-19 virus remains resistant to high fevers in humans. Typical human febrile temperatures won't pose much of a challenge to any virus that can survive regular flights in a bat's body.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                "Suche Nullen"
                (F. Nietzsche)

                Comment


                • South Korea listened to the experts

                  ‘In the 1722 "Journal of the Plague Year," describing the bubonic plague in London in 1665, Daniel Defoe wrote of "the Supine Negligence of the People themselves, who during the long Notice, or Warning, they had of the Visitation, yet made no Provision for it." ’


                  https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/opini...rts/index.html

                  Comment


                  • Keep your cats indoors.

                    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52204534

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                      I read a technical article about the virus, some of which I have clipped. This was very technical biochemistry and there are many good reasons to believe the virus was not laboratory created nor was it weaponized. They are almost 100% sure it was not. That 'almost sure' part is frightening but there is more.

                      Other parts of the virus show evolutionary changes, that it has jumped species before and may have jumped in and out of the human population more than once.

                      There were some specific factors the researchers say would have been in a laboratory created virus and those things are not present in this coronavirus.

                      Italy is wondering if it was present there back to November 2019 when there was an outbreak of "strange pneumonia." They are considering collecting samples from those who died and were buried at that time.

                      Recently it has been noted that complete loss of smell and taste may be early or the only symptoms of COVID-19. Interestingly, there was a supposedly viral outbreak in the northeast corner of Oregon, USA. In late November there was 61% absenteeism in the Umatilla County school district and the schools closed for disinfecting.

                      A child that lived in my home visited relatives in that area and soon after returning here in December he had a fever of 101 F (38.33 C) for a week plus complete loss of smell and taste. He recovered completely. My best friend became ill and had loss of taste and smell. I became ill, had peculiar symptoms but taste and smell were not affected. Six weeks of severe depression followed and I had never experienced depression before, that sort of being sad and hopeless and seeing no future. Two babies were feverish and fussy for a few days. We have all recovered.

                      There have been a couple cases of COVID-19 in this Umatilla area but there seems to be no community spread. So we wonder if the virus visited in Nov-Dec 2019 and if people have some level of immunity.

                      My bigger point is, how long has this virus been circulating around the globe? Is this deadly strain a second pass of a previously milder virus? Etc.? It is possible it has been around for a long time and it is also possible it did not originate in China.

                      (And there are real complex reasons why bats, not just Chinese bats, vector a lot of these weird things. It has something to do with, mammals shouldn't fly and when they do it requires exquisite biological changes to their metabolism which coincidentally make them excellent reservoirs for nasty, creepy viruses.)
                      Hello Anna,
                      Interesting, mysterious and...frightening.
                      I had read about strange cases in Italy before China, too.
                      Scientists are lost for the time being, hence the contradictory informations on the Net.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by String View Post
                        South Korea listened to the experts

                        ‘In the 1722 "Journal of the Plague Year," describing the bubonic plague in London in 1665, Daniel Defoe wrote of "the Supine Negligence of the People themselves, who during the long Notice, or Warning, they had of the Visitation, yet made no Provision for it." ’


                        https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/opini...rts/index.html

                        I have been re-reading it. As R. J. Palmer mentioned, there are a number of very striking parallels, despite the centuries that separate the events.


                        Though in 1665 there seems to have been no whining about measures designed to keep people safe from infection. Quite the opposite.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nunziu Chiama View Post
                          If (as I've read) there is a BSL4 laboratory in Wuhan, I seriously doubt the virus came from a market.

                          Conspiracy theories never do require much in the way of evidence.

                          Comment


                          • And on a happier note......

                            A baby panda may have been conceived at Ocean Park in Hong Kong while the zoo is in lockdown due to coronavirus.

                            Two resident pandas, Ying Ying and Le Le, managed to successfully mate on Monday morning - and they've been struggling for a while.

                            The zoo says the pandas have been making attempts since 2010 with little success, but managed to succeed through "years of trial and learning".

                            With Ocean Park closed to the public, the pair made the most of the privacy.

                            Comment


                            • *BREAKING NEWS*

                              THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE LIFTING RESTRICTIONS IN PARKS AND BEACHES DURING THE EASTER BREAK.

                              The Government has announced today that, for the Easter break, certain groups are allowed to go to parks and Beaches and invite friends round for BBQ’s.

                              IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ

                              While the majority of the population will remain in lockdown the following groups will be allowed to gather together at parks, beaches and visit each other’s houses.

                              Assholes
                              Shit heads
                              Imbeciles
                              Half wits
                              Morons
                              Troglodytes
                              Ignoramus’
                              Simpletons
                              Illiterates
                              Stupid fuckers
                              Idiots
                              Dickheads
                              Twats

                              Anyone not in those groups must follow the guidelines set out by the Governments regarding social distancing and Stay Safe

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by String View Post
                                *BREAKING NEWS*

                                THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE LIFTING RESTRICTIONS IN PARKS AND BEACHES DURING THE EASTER BREAK.

                                The Government has announced today that, for the Easter break, certain groups are allowed to go to parks and Beaches and invite friends round for BBQ’s.

                                IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ

                                While the majority of the population will remain in lockdown the following groups will be allowed to gather together at parks, beaches and visit each other’s houses.

                                Assholes
                                Shit heads
                                Imbeciles
                                Half wits
                                Morons
                                Troglodytes
                                Ignoramus’
                                Simpletons
                                Illiterates
                                Stupid fuckers
                                Idiots
                                Dickheads
                                Twats

                                Anyone not in those groups must follow the guidelines set out by the Governments regarding social distancing and Stay Safe
                                String,

                                Can you clarify something for me? When you say ‘twats’, does that include ‘pampered twats’ or does it just apply to the common or garden variety?

                                Gary

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X