Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    Bozza’s out of ICU. ����

Nothing to do with his being a fighter, of course.
    Everything to do with great NHS care from his doctors and nurses.

If he was left to fight it he may have died.

Comment

• Originally posted by String View Post
      Everything to do with great NHS care from his doctors and nurses.

If he was left to fight it he may have died.
      Not Ďeverythingí, String, or thereíd be no deaths.

Iím off out to clap for the NHS...

Comment

• What's this about "essential items"? Here some people are complaining that parts of big stores are roped off as 'non-essential' but I assumed it was to cut down on crowds and mingling to get stuff that was not necessary. One woman noted that make-up was in the 'essential' part while books and magazines weren't, or some such.

We still have sparsely stocked shelves. One thing that has been limited for us is dairy products. My friend and I like cottage cheese and we have been limited to 'one per loyalty card.' (Now we see the sinister motives behind 'loyalty cards'?) MEANWHILE there was a big article here in southwestern Idaho that dairy farmers are struggling and dumping milk, etc. And I am wondering WTH, the farms are fifty miles down the road, they are dumping milk and we can't get cottage cheese, sour cream, etc. (I need to look into all that.)

Unfortunately all this is hitting USA during an election year. Looks like a "rebellion" is planned in northern Idaho. (That was the area where white supremacists were shut down a number of years ago. Some folks in that area give the rest of us a bad name. Anyway it was further noted in the article that people in the general area have very low vaccination rates so I suppose the group(s) must be survivalist but a different kind of survival-ism than I practice.)

Anyway, this group(s) plans a big--I think outdoor-- church service on Easter or something.

Personally, I am continuing to watch Dr. John Campbell on YouTube and following his suggestions plus following everyone's lead here on the Forum. USA hasn't had this kind of curtailment of freedoms in my lifetime and we didn't even have the restrictions during WWII that there were in the UK. (I learned a lot from watching "Dad's Army" too. Thanks, Gary!)

One other thing, why is it illegal for solitary people to sunbathe or use public spaces with social distancing? Looks like this is real serious in England. It is serious in some of our states but not so much in my area.

I noted that a little "park" in downtown here was officially posted with our governor's orders for no one to enter. The whole town is 5600 population and this "park is a triangular patch of grass where several roads come together. Pedestrians probably cross it go get to the other side of the road.

Otherwise I am so rural no one has challenged me on Bureau of Land Management land or any other wide open spaces. (I am not breaking any laws as far as I know. Our governors--Idaho/Oregon--want us to stay home as much as possible but we may travel and I need to travel but am alone at one end and with my self-quarantined best friend at the other.) It seems to me the harsher laws/penalties are for highly populated areas, kind of the, 'if we let one, then everyone will want to,' mentality and perhaps that is why parks, etc. are off limits?

The other refreshing thing in my area is farmers and ranchers have to get out to begin the planting season so I doubt any of us will be questioned. I could be, in Oregon with Idaho plates, but I don't think anything is that stringent here.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• A little update for those interested in strange symptoms.
          My daughter phoned the doc today as she is due to go back to work on Saturday and although she’s no cough and breathing problems she still has a temperature now and again and is very tired. One symptom she did have was you know when you drink a fizzy drink and it goes up your nose and can actually be painful for a few seconds. She gets that from time to time whilst not drinking a fizzy drink.
          The doc said he was sure she had COVID-19 and did she want to go for a test but she declined and said she’ll hang on. He also told her not to go back to work yet and phone on Monday again if she wanted a sick line.
          Strange symptom.

Comment

• 3 minute video from a drone which flew over Philly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixV...wv9IFUjK3x9WBE

NYC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp-o-rZ7ZFc

Other cities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZZF39fgWM
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

A little update for those interested in strange symptoms.
              My daughter phoned the doc today as she is due to go back to work on Saturday and although sheís no cough and breathing problems she still has a temperature now and again and is very tired. One symptom she did have was you know when you drink a fizzy drink and it goes up your nose and can actually be painful for a few seconds. She gets that from time to time whilst not drinking a fizzy drink.
              The doc said he was sure she had COVID-19 and did she want to go for a test but she declined and said sheíll hang on. He also told her not to go back to work yet and phone on Monday again if she wanted a sick line.
              Strange symptom.
              I had sinus surgery years ago. In after surgery exams, the surgeon would warn me before he touched the "sneeze button". As he noted, the urge to sneeze is located in a small patch of cells inside, near the bridge of the nose. I think the fizzy-drink symptom would indicate these bundles of cells are being irritated, thus the 'fizzy-drink' syndrome.

Coronavirus tends to enter through the nose. There are some reports of serious complications with nasal infection from the new virus. Remember, I warned Debra who felt a tingle in her chin. Infections in the nose and face CAN enter nerve networks and even the brain and do damage. So people should be alert and careful and hope a doctor will listen if strange symptoms occur.

(As I have mentioned, in 1994 I had God-knows-what-virus which attacked nerves in my face. It felt like nerves in my chin/cheek/ear and eustachian tube were electric wires shorting out. That went on for weeks. This adds to chronic pain syndromes now and an unnoticeable weakness on the right side of my face which can lead to a little drooling if I am very tired. I did not have Bell's Palsey. Guillan Barre diagnosed after the fact.)

Comment

• Someone posted a scientific paper on Twitter about other corona viruses that have been identified in human illness and possibly from China, going back a few years. I may try to post it here.

I wonder how many years back this sort of thing might go. We study old times here. In days past there were odd outbreaks here and there of different things. Thinking of the sun never setting on the British Empire, I wonder if any of these "novel" corona viruses ever came back from China, India, Malaysia, etc.? Might be something to think about as we do our researches. But I suppose in those days something like cholera or typhoid would get you first and if you survived that there was always TB and if you died of a respiratory disease it was 'lung fever' or consumption.

Who said, "Ignorance is bliss"? People used to get horribly sick and die and nobody had to worry much about it because nobody knew what caused disease. So you could pray a lot, wear garlic around your neck, flagellate yourself (not S&M, you'd get burned at the stake for that), and go to church and share viruses and microbes there. In even older times, after church you could have a pogrom* or two on folks in the neighborhood who didn't have your religious beliefs and that must have been cathartic.

*I used this term once before and some didn't know what it meant. It's a Russian word for selective genocide, mass murder. Usually in Russia. In other times and places the activity has had titles like 'Final Solution.'

Comment

• How is everywhere else coping with the restrictions?

Signs continue to remain positive over here, but there's a lot of concern over irresponsible people breaching the isolation rules in order to go away over Easter, which may lead to a spike in cases and new virus hotspots. Here's hoping it doesn't happen but unfortunately there's already been far too many examples of it. I'm afraid I just don't understand the mindset of some people. They prefer to think of themselves as heroes standing up for their rights against being a "police state" rather than, you know, following the rules so we can get this over and done with as the other 95% of the population are.

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

• Head of ATM network warns cash could be almost killed off by end of summer as shoppers switch to using cards and never go back

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...tch-cards.html

Before this emergency even started we were virtually cash free the only places I used it in was the pub and our local Chinese takeaway as they refuse to install card machines, I wonder why? If we need to give money to any of the kids we just transfer it. Itís got to the stage now that Iím hoping my bill at the till is under £30 so I donít even have to enter my pin.

Comment

• Re sneezes, I too used to get stinging in the nose owing to fizzy drinks, but only at age c5.

It's very frustrating when you need to sneeze but can't. Tilting your head to the sun, or even a light bulb, often works.

In recent years my sneezes seem to have changed. They've now become Double Events.

Comment

• A sermon from Father Finnerty

https://youtu.be/dauFwMLt9ek

Comment

Head of ATM network warns cash could be almost killed off by end of summer as shoppers switch to using cards and never go back

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...tch-cards.html

Before this emergency even started we were virtually cash free the only places I used it in was the pub and our local Chinese takeaway as they refuse to install card machines, I wonder why? If we need to give money to any of the kids we just transfer it. Itís got to the stage now that Iím hoping my bill at the till is under £30 so I donít even have to enter my pin.
                          I've set my card up on my phone now. The £30 limit doesn't apply and you can be almost 100% contactless. You still have to use your card for petrol if you pay at the pump though.

Comment

• Great news about Boris last night too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                              In recent years my sneezes seem to have changed. They've now become Double Events.
                              Do you mean the painful "fore-and-aft" sneeze, Rob? (If you get my drift)
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                              (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Butler View Post
                                Great news about Boris last night too!
                                From afar, I totally agree , Paul. Eccentric? Perhaps. However, Boris is infinitely better than the' unnamed' alternative Take care and well. From the land of OZ,
                                Merv
                                Be nice to one another!
                                Merv

Comment

Working...
                                X