No announcement yet.

New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, Priti Patel has been of some use, by saying it would be inappropriate for the police to rummage in our shopping trolleys for non-essential items. I had visions of Constable Savage confiscating tampons because he considered them non-essential.

My daughter told me she had gone mad and ordered a new vacuum cleaner which she will probably never use, while Mr Brown of Sidmouth had a panic attack when he heard about the threat to check shopping trolleys, and ordered 12 bottles of wine online.

If we couldn't continue to buy non-essentials from supermarkets, surely a comprehensive list would need to be drawn up, and the shops would be responsible for not putting those items on the shelves.

Love,

Caz
    X
    I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

• Gareth, they come one after the other, with no time between.

Comment

• Henceforth police will be limited to one 'ello, the other two 'ellos being deemed non-essential.

Comment

• Fergus Walsh report from the intensive care unit.

https://youtu.be/jrfRs0WeShU

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post

Unfortunately all this is hitting USA during an election year. Looks like a "rebellion" is planned in northern Idaho. (That was the area where white supremacists were shut down a number of years ago. Some folks in that area give the rest of us a bad name. Anyway it was further noted in the article that people in the general area have very low vaccination rates so I suppose the group(s) must be survivalist but a different kind of survival-ism than I practice.)

Anyway, this group(s) plans a big--I think outdoor-- church service on Easter or something.
            Another bunch of idiots here. Not related to Ted by any chance?
            https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/09/u...aho/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post

Coronavirus tends to enter through the nose. There are some reports of serious complications with nasal infection from the new virus.
              Yes, I have wondered how they go on with someone who doesn't breath through their nose. I've never been able to, have always breathed through my mouth.
              i'm pretty sure they'd insist on doing it their way because that's the way it must be done. Would they miss traces of the virus in that case?
              I wonder...

Now my daughter has been sent home from the hospital with a splitting headache, and totally drained. She's had a test for COVID so we're waiting to see the result. They pushed this thing up her nose, she said it hurt like the blazes.
              Regards, Jon S.
              "
              The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
              " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
              Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

• Mr Brown of Sidmouth has just lost his sense of taste. No, he isn't wearing flares and listening to a Cliff Richard album. He asked me to cut his hair for him. When I asked where he was going on his holidays and if he wanted "something for the weekend", he gave me a funny look. And when I asked him for a tip, he said "next time, don't cut my other ear off".
                I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillip Walton View Post
                  Another bunch of idiots here. Not related to Ted by any chance?
                  https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/09/u...aho/index.html
                  I forgot about that one. That is a different on than the "rebellion" in the panhandle.

I could at least understand workers breaking rules to go to work or something like that.

In Italy, a largely Catholic country, people who die of the virus in hospital apparently cannot have a priest at the end. No funerals. One report said a priest sprinkles holy water on coffins before cremation. So spreading this thing through mass religious gatherings is likely to impinge on others' religious rites.
                  The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicker Man View Post
                    Yes, I have wondered how they go on with someone who doesn't breath through their nose. I've never been able to, have always breathed through my mouth.
                    i'm pretty sure they'd insist on doing it their way because that's the way it must be done. Would they miss traces of the virus in that case?
                    I wonder...

Now my daughter has been sent home from the hospital with a splitting headache, and totally drained. She's had a test for COVID so we're waiting to see the result. They pushed this thing up her nose, she said it hurt like the blazes.
                    Whatever I had when others in my household lost the sense of smell/taste, came with a massive, lengthy, migraine headache, followed by increased migraine which is somewhat better now. However it doesn't take much to tip off migraine in me.

Comment

• Spent 45 minutes and a quarter tank of gas looking for a button-battery....the elusive 392 or LR-41. Three pharmacies, two grocery stores later, I found one.

I needed it for our digital thermometer.
                      To Join JTR Forums :
                      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-51937753

Meanwhile across the pond, How's neighbours have objected to his living in his ONLY home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                          https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-51937753

Meanwhile across the pond, How's neighbours have objected to his living in his ONLY home.
                          Interesting. I am regularly travelling between two homes. Spring is here & work needed both places plus am still cleaning up trees that were torn out in 80 mph winds in February.

I have been thinking it shouldn't matter since I tend to be alone or only with my self-isolating best friend at one location. I'd be better off dead than getting medical treatment in one of the locations. Guess if I get symptoms I'll drive back to my main home. Helped friend with grocery shopping 3 days ago...11 more days avoiding people & I'll think I'm still OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                            Gareth, they come one after the other, with no time between.
                            Ah, I thought you meant the painful combined "sneeze 'n' fart".
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                            (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• There are several bits of interesting news out today. I make terrible links so will spare everyone & I don't feel like wrestling with YouTube links.

Anyway, we have probably all heard about Hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug, which President Trump unfortunately suggested might be a cure for the virus. That drug is now a political football and people who need it for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and malaria are having a hard time getting it.

HOWEVER, another anti-parasitic, Ivermectin, may be useful against the COVID-19 virus. Interesting how two anti-parasitics may help with a virus. I don't remember the biochemistry of Ivermectin and the virus at this moment since I didn't have any sleep last night.

But I am watching a video by a doctor who explains how Hydrozychloroquine works on malaria. One theory on COVID-19 is that it attacks hemoglobin and that causes more damage than the direct assault on the lungs.

Also, yesterday it was reported that people of color are dying at a much higher rate than whites. For instance, I think it is in Michigan, African Americans make up 14% of people infected but 40% of the death rate. So I got to wondering about Vitamin D and did a little research. Sure enough, scientists are looking at Vitamin D levels and COVID-19.

PLEASE, everyone, when you have a chance, ask your doctor for a blood test to show your Vitamin D level. This is science, not a promotion for a vitamin. Many of us in the north test extremely and dangerously low. One of my female friends tested at 0! I test very low and 2,000 i.u./day is prescribed by my doctor.

Of course people can simply take Vitamin D which in the U.S. is over the counter. It can be toxic if too much is taken so that is why the blood test is helpful. Low levels cause all kinds of problems with the nervous and immune systems. Vitamin D is also found in foods like sardines, mackerel......probably surstroming...... Don't think scrapple has any......

Anyway having adequate Vitamin D levels may prevent the new virus from infecting and/or may make recovery better and more likely, and death less likely.

Comment

• Thanks Anna. I think it is available over the counter here. Housebound people might benefit from taking it.

Of course, if people can at least access sunshine in their gardens, that will help. So, wait for it : police recently told a family not to go outside into their front garden!

Comment

Working...
                                X