New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
    There are several bits of interesting news out today. I make terrible links so will spare everyone & I don't feel like wrestling with YouTube links.

Also, yesterday it was reported that people of color are dying at a much higher rate than whites. For instance, I think it is in Michigan, African Americans make up 14% of people infected but 40% of the death rate. So I got to wondering about Vitamin D and did a little research. Sure enough, scientists are looking at Vitamin D levels and COVID-19.

PLEASE, everyone, when you have a chance, ask your doctor for a blood test to show your Vitamin D level. This is science, not a promotion for a vitamin. Many of us in the north test extremely and dangerously low. One of my female friends tested at 0! I test very low and 2,000 i.u./day is prescribed by my doctor.

Of course people can simply take Vitamin D which in the U.S. is over the counter. It can be toxic if too much is taken so that is why the blood test is helpful. Low levels cause all kinds of problems with the nervous and immune systems. Vitamin D is also found in foods like sardines, mackerel......probably surstroming...... Don't think scrapple has any......

Anyway having adequate Vitamin D levels may prevent the new virus from infecting and/or may make recovery better and more likely, and death less likely.
    Those two things might well be linked. The higher death rates among African Americans and vitamin D. As Robert pointed out we absorb vitamin D from sunlight. The present day human race originated in Africa and over millenia migrated to cooler areas of the world. They were all dark skinned but in the areas that they settled they were unable to absorb enough vitamin D so they became paler to absorb vitamin D from sunlight. This took place over thousands of years through natural selection and the African Americans have only been in North America for 300 years at the most. It has been suggested that the change in colour will act in reverse in places such as Australia where even those of European ancestry will produce darker skinned offspring and eventually most Australians will be black, but it will take about 5,000 years.

Comment

• Thanks, Phil. In Michigan, African Americans make up 14% of COVID cases but 40% of deaths from it. That got me thinking about Vitamin D so I searched for articles yesterday and found scientific research about blacks, COVID and vitamin D which I posted on Twitter. I try to think if there are ways to be of actual help during this crisis, if maybe sharing scientific information could help a few.

Dr. John Campbell on You Tube, who Gareth told us about, also recommends vitamin D.

Some on Twitter have said Twitter removes Tweets suggesting vitamin D for the virus but I have been real careful to post scientific research. (Supposedly Twitter will suspend accounts that offer erroneous information about the virus.) That is also why I preface the information with suggesting a blood test from the doctor. Of course people can get the vitamin without prescription but suggesting the test ought to make my comments more acceptable.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• 3rd video on the link....Philadelphia PD forcibly removing a man from a SEPTA bus

https://thehill.com/policy/transport...lice-in-philly
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

• And in other moos... I mean, news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-52252003
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• A howl and a yelp is sometimes a help :

https://time.com/5819374/howling-ritual-coronavirus/

Comment

• I think one failure of government leadership in USA and perhaps in other countries, is lack of a cohesive plan that people can understand. Things got shut down as the virus spread. No pattern and no shared goals.

Some of the Asian countries immediately cracked down and restricted travel and citizens. This seemed to help.

In USA we have slowly restricted citizens to 'Flatten the Curve' and save the hospitals. By the time we started this maybe we had little chance of stopping the virus, helping eradicate it from the population so it doesn't come back to kill us every year, along with the flu.

The result is angry, restless people demanding to go back to work. Understandable. President Trump may relax everything soon. IMO we have accomplished little except maybe slowed the spread of infection.

There needs to be clear goals when everyone is asked to sacrifice. There is a need to know how the sacrifices actually help. During the world wars there were clear enemies and shared efforts were easy to understand. With the virus, people are restricted, not working and getting restless. Everything will open up and the virus will become more active, guaranteeing it a place in the population forever.
              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                3rd video on the link....Philadelphia PD forcibly removing a man from a SEPTA bus

https://thehill.com/policy/transport...lice-in-philly
                But apparently they've now lifted the ban stating that they will encourage the wearing of masks or other protective garb, but will no longer bar access to those not complying...

Comment

• Here's a guy in a dinosaur suit in the back of my joint...masks are so yesterday.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Are you sure thatís not the PI Nina hired?

Comment

• Pretty sure, String.
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Three coronavirus strains.

https://theglobalherald.com/cambridg...trains/379526/

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                          I think one failure of government leadership in USA and perhaps in other countries, is lack of a cohesive plan that people can understand. Things got shut down as the virus spread. No pattern and no shared goals.
                          Several countries were slow to react. I'm just watching the BBC in UK and their Govn't Scientific Advisor groups are saying the same thing, the Govn't was slow to react. Likewise here in Canada Trudeau has been criticised for being slow. Nobody expected it, yet in the US the problem was made worse because not only were they slow, but they ignored it altogether. I remember Trump calling it a Democratic Hoax, he said Democratic news outlets were exaggerating the effect of the virus to make it sound worse than it really was.
                          Once again, he was wrong. So, now he turns to blame the W.H.O., China, Obama & individual state governors, for the US not being ready.

Some of the Asian countries immediately cracked down and restricted travel and citizens. This seemed to help.
                          Yes, because many of them do not have to worry about the whining civil liberty unionists. When your country is under attack, or being invaded, the last thing they should whine about is personal freedoms. It should be all hands on deck to do as much as you can, or in this case as little and stay at home. We can all worry about 'the right to choose what I do' when this is all over.

The result is angry, restless people demanding to go back to work. Understandable. President Trump may relax everything soon. IMO we have accomplished little except maybe slowed the spread of infection.
                          The Republicans in general & Trump in particular are more concerned about business income, getting 'the great unwashed' back to the grindstone.

There needs to be clear goals when everyone is asked to sacrifice.
                          You need a leader for that though.

I heard Trump was asking for all those retired professionals who have the ability to come back and help the country.

Anyone have Obama's number?
                          Regards, Jon S.
                          "
                          The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
                          " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
                          Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

• Fox news Reporting corona. Remember Trump pretty much takes his policies from this lot.

https://youtu.be/8fdIOMXc-jc

Comment

• Originally posted by jachim3926 View Post
                              From afar, I totally agree , Paul. Eccentric? Perhaps. However, Boris is infinitely better than the' unnamed' alternative Take care and well. From the land of OZ,
                              Merv
                              Thanks Merv. I couldn't agree more. He's worth his considerable weight in gold, bless him. Stay safe yourself.

Comment

• Good News

Boris has been discharged from St Thomasís.

Comment

Working...
                                X