New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by String View Post
    OH....I didn't see the face mask till I read the article...
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• President Trump has said his comment about disinfectants was meant to be sarcastic.

A problem with not weighing every word is there is a certain segment of the population for which Darwin's Law has a special affinity. Or like one of my friends says, "You can't fix stupid."

Meanwhile, Trump's comments about UV light actually make a lot of scientific sense. I posted scientific information on that on Twitter & think I got more re-Tweets than I ever have. If modern medicine can work out how to use UV light in blood or lungs, it might go a long way toward easing the antibiotic resistance of a number of microorganisms, IMO. I think I was one of the first to make serious comments about it on Twitter & I remembered the research because it was once tried or used as a treatment for tuberculosis. UV light was shined into the lungs. It is deadly to the TB bacillus.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Funny, but couldn't they just have put a sheet over its nose and mouth and pegged it down in the form of a mask, instead of defacing the monument itself?
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          By the way, there's a report outta Hong Kong that Kim Jong, N. Korean tyrant, is dead.
          Donald Trump says he thinks the report is incorrect. So that's sorted, then...
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• I guess CAG will have to stop playing that clarinet.

Comment

• Unfortunate choice of words : on lockdown, Rachel Reeves says "we must take people with us on this journey."

Comment

• Good to see that Boris is back at work tomorrow.

The Nightingale hospital due to be built near me is being scaled back significantly. A good sign I hope. It's now going into what was Homebase!

Comment

• This Japanese Island Lifted Its Coronavirus Lockdown Too Soon and Became a Warning to the World

https://time.com/5826918/hokkaido-coronavirus-lockdown/

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Butler View Post
                    Good to see that Boris is back at work tomorrow.

The Nightingale hospital due to be built near me is being scaled back significantly. A good sign I hope. It's now going into what was Homebase!
                    Yay, one useless liar replaces another useless liar.

Comment

Yay, one useless liar replaces another useless liar.
                      Now now. A bit uncalled for.

Comment

• Among the excuses given to Gwent Police officers for being out were:
                        "My son is a rubbish cook so I take him food every day"
                        "I've just been to feed the fish"
                        "I've been to buy nail clippers for the dog"
                        "I've bought a new catapult and wanted to try it out"
                        "I don't watch the news - what's going on?"
                        "I'm taking my mate into Newport to buy drugs"
                        "I am taking my quad bike for a walk and I promise I am not going ride it around a field"
                        "I thought I heard someone may be in trouble, so I came to have a look but I don't know their name or remember the person who told me it".

Comment

• Mr Brown of Sidmouth is just preparing a chicken veronique for Sunday lunch. The recipe requires some plain flour, which we thought we had in the larder. Can't buy any at present. The packet in the larder had to be discarded because the best before date was November 2016. I said it was probably full of weevils.

Found some sauce thickening flour, best before date March 2020. Result! Lunch is saved - just.

It was the lesser of two weevils.

Must go - garlic and shallots to chop.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

• Originally posted by Caroline Brown View Post
                            Mr Brown of Sidmouth is just preparing a chicken veronique for Sunday lunch. The recipe requires some plain flour, which we thought we had in the larder. Can't buy any at present. The packet in the larder had to be discarded because the best before date was November 2016. I said it was probably full of weevils.

Found some sauce thickening flour, best before date March 2020. Result! Lunch is saved - just.

It was the lesser of two weevils.

Must go - garlic and shallots to chop.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            Caroline. Budgens on Exmouth sea front, of all places, has flour!

I got bread flour and plain in there a few days back. They had loads.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip, Paul. But we can't really justify the drive to Exmouth, as much as I'd like it.

Me roast spuds in duck fat are almost done so I must crack on!

Cheers.

Love,

Caz
                              XXX
                              I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

• Don't forget the sprouts.

Comment

Working...
                                X