New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
    I'm deeply concerned about our MPs and therefore I think Parliament should close. There'd be no hurry to re-open it - I wouldn't mind if it stayed closed for five, ten, fifty years.
    Great idea! Ditto for our elected officials!

Of course we are having a presidential election year. On the plus side, some of the early voting is done by caucus where folks actually get together, discuss and vote. Iowa and Nevada do this, have already done it and those states do not have any of the viral cases.

Leonardo gave a great interview. He said people from China weren't quarantined long enough. Interesting.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Here are a couple tidbits out of North Carolina.

Meanwhile, in a desperate effort to create interesting titles or click bait, 'Number of Oregon Cases Remains Stable'. Yeah, all three of them. Same three noted for the past several days. (Certainly good news that there aren't more. Also good news for politicians that three cases = disaster status and more federal money....)
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the post that didn't post below.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm deeply concerned about our MPs and therefore I think Parliament should close. There'd be no hurry to re-open it - I wouldn't mind if it stayed closed for five, ten, fifty years.
          Hear, hear!

Comment

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
            SPERO IN DEO

Comment

Fortunately it does not look like the U.S. is having any severe outbreaks--yet. Note, the hardest hit areas are on the coasts with deep water ports.

Whitechurch: Wonderful analysis of poly + ticks = many blood sucking parasites.
              Attached Files

Comment

Only if you've had a Chinese meal :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-answers.html

Comment

Just to cheer everyone up.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...rural-england/

Comment

And to resolve the question of how to greet someone who may be infected :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1qa8N2ID0

Comment

• Its no surprise that cruise ships are the hardest hit. Most of their clientel are elderly and on board ship such an infection would spread like wildfire. At least some cruise companies are taking it seriously. I know of a couple whose cruise booked for May has been cancelled by the cruise company with either money back or a cruise later in the year or next year.

Comment

• This is what I think. A clip from CBS News site.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• As far as America is concerned, due to the lack of testing apparatus, it is well nigh impossible to guesstimate the actual level of infection, yet your President continues to lie , while often contradicting health professionals

Perhaps his oft used response is 'Well we'll just have to wait and see.' os the best you can expect.
                          Be nice to one another!
                          Merv

Comment

• So, is everybody around the world panic buying toilet paper en masse or is that a uniquely Australian thing?

Cheers,
                            Adam.

Comment

• We are okay here in the UK we’ve still got our stockpiles built up from brexit.

Comment

• Our local Tescos is a two minute walk away and I tend to use it as a corner shop when we run out of something or forget it on our main shop.

My excursion yesterday evening, (to buy cold meat and teabags, neither of which were in short supply), showed the pasta shelves completely stripped out, tins of baked beans looking a bit thin on the shelves, toilet paper reduced but still there...there were one or two other thin areas on the shelves, but it looks in Bognor at least, that folk are a little more concerned with eating than with excreting.

However Pasta and Beans look to me like a singularly unhealthy diet...so perhaps toilet paper panic will be growing soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X