No announcement yet.

New Deadly Virus is Spreading/ Covid19 Pandemic 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that my test results are back, I can say that earlier this week I thought that I might have contracted Covid-19

Last Friday, I came home extremely exhausted (put it off as a rough week) and food started tasting funny.. Saturday, remained tired and developed a scratchy throat. Sunday, tried to mow yard and couldn't catch my breath. That was a big concern as I'm very active and healthy for my age. Sunday night developed a slight fever and dry cough. Monday, it got worse with high fever and chills. Coughed so much my ribs ached. Tuesday just as bad so called my doctor and scheduled a test. Stayed in the truck while test was given by a nurse that looked like she was dressed as a beekeeper. A long swab was rammed up both nostrils and swished around. Not as bad as I'd been told. Temperature and oxygen level were also checked, then told to go home and quarantine and I would get a call when results came back.

Just got that call and it was negative for Covid but positive for flu with possible lobular pneumonia. Since test can be a false negative, I'm told to monitor symptoms and if there's no positive change or if headaches or complete loss of taste and smell ( neither has happened so far) develop, I will get tested again.

And that's about it right now except I believe at this point there is no way to put the genie back in the bottle. It's going to run its course. Oh, well, looks like I get a few more days off.
    Best Wishes,
    Cris Malone

Comment

• Originally posted by Cris Malone View Post
      Now that my test results are back, I can say that earlier this week I thought that I might have contracted Covid-19

Last Friday, I came home extremely exhausted (put it off as a rough week) and food started tasting funny.. Saturday, remained tired and developed a scratchy throat. Sunday, tried to mow yard and couldn't catch my breath. That was a big concern as I'm very active and healthy for my age. Sunday night developed a slight fever and dry cough. Monday, it got worse with high fever and chills. Coughed so much my ribs ached. Tuesday just as bad so called my doctor and scheduled a test. Stayed in the truck while test was given by a nurse that looked like she was dressed as a beekeeper. A long swab was rammed up both nostrils and swished around. Not as bad as I'd been told. Temperature and oxygen level were also checked, then told to go home and quarantine and I would get a call when results came back.

Just got that call and it was negative for Covid but positive for flu with possible lobular pneumonia. Since test can be a false negative, I'm told to monitor symptoms and if there's no positive change or if headaches or complete loss of taste and smell ( neither has happened so far) develop, I will get tested again.

And that's about it right now except I believe at this point there is no way to put the genie back in the bottle. It's going to run its course. Oh, well, looks like I get a few more days off.
      Hi Cris

Good to know that despite feeling so bad you don't have the dreaded plague but rather influenza with possible lobular pneumonia. Hang in there, mate. Get better soon!

Cheers

Chris
      Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
      https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
      Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

• Hi Folks

Another email from my longtime friend Roy McWalters, age 74, who caught coronavirus early on and is battling arrhythmia as a result of the illness having weakened his heart.

Greetings, Christopher

I sent this to a relative, but thought it may be of interest to you and your friends.

How are things with Rob's blood pressure this week? You should get the cuff blood pressure tester. Important to ensure it has a irregular heart beat icon. This tells you if need to know you have a problem with the rhythm. Mark and I noticed this after our virus and it alerted us both. He is really in a mess but hopefully going to the same hospital as me, he has been to A&E 10 times with blood pressure of 200 not good.

Went to the hospital on Saturday, check over again, for another blood test plus chat. I will have a scan of my heart hopefully in 4 weeks and then a decision on my treatment shock or no shock to get the rhythm back this ensures you get your circulation back to normal, reduces the feeling of fatigue and the feeling of being out-of-breath.

The problem I have is not uncommon it can happen without you knowing after a virus attack -- any virus!!!

If you do not get medical help you can very easily have a stroke. Good info.
        The problem is that clots of blood form in the heart due to the irregular rhythm.

If they get the rhythm sorted then good, but I will always be on a beta-blocker as the heart will possibly slip back into the irregular rhythm again.
        Losing a bit of weight slowly and am on max beta blockers 4 a day plus anti-coagulation tablets and blood pressure tablets, rattle a bit now and again.
        All because I caught the virus.

Regards

Roy
        https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cris Malone View Post
          Now that my test results are back, I can say that earlier this week I thought that I might have contracted Covid-19

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. (Flu season is starting a bit early?)
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris G. View Post
            Hi Folks

Another email from my longtime friend Roy McWalters, age 74, who caught coronavirus early on and is battling arrhythmia as a result of the illness having weakened his heart.

Greetings, Christopher

I sent this to a relative, but thought it may be of interest to you and your friends.

How are things with Rob's blood pressure this week? You should get the cuff blood pressure tester. Important to ensure it has a irregular heart beat icon. This tells you if need to know you have a problem with the rhythm. Mark and I noticed this after our virus and it alerted us both. He is really in a mess but hopefully going to the same hospital as me, he has been to A&E 10 times with blood pressure of 200 not good.

Went to the hospital on Saturday, check over again, for another blood test plus chat. I will have a scan of my heart hopefully in 4 weeks and then a decision on my treatment shock or no shock to get the rhythm back this ensures you get your circulation back to normal, reduces the feeling of fatigue and the feeling of being out-of-breath.

The problem I have is not uncommon it can happen without you knowing after a virus attack -- any virus!!!

If you do not get medical help you can very easily have a stroke. Good info.
            The problem is that clots of blood form in the heart due to the irregular rhythm.

If they get the rhythm sorted then good, but I will always be on a beta-blocker as the heart will possibly slip back into the irregular rhythm again.
            Losing a bit of weight slowly and am on max beta blockers 4 a day plus anti-coagulation tablets and blood pressure tablets, rattle a bit now and again.
            All because I caught the virus.

Regards

Roy
            I have had myocarditis twice with unknown viruses. (a.k.a. "Flu, go home, we can't do anything about it.") The first time around I was sent to a psychiatrist when I failed to recover in a timely fashion. He found me to be sane and fortunately prescribed psychiatric medications that will help tachycardia. I have a peculiar heart rhythm anyway.

According to some new, COVID related research, there is a genetic predisposition for getting cardiac inflammation from viruses.

I actually recovered both times from myocarditis. (The odd heart rhythm started years ago. Also labelled psychiatric until it nearly killed me in 2012. I take a low dose of a beta blocker and this drug has been a miracle for me.)

I sincerely hope your friends completely recover. It is possible. It looks like science knows very little about cardiac effects of these dangerous viruses which include flu. Cardiac effects from viruses are not limited to COVID but doctors are finally paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillip Walton View Post
              I received a letter the other day asking if I would like to take part in a Covid-19 antibody test. I decided not too as I have had no signs of the disease.
              Wise, Phillip.

I've had no signs either, and I want to keep it that way, so I'm not going into town to have my normal 'flu jab this year, because it will put me more at risk of getting Covid-19.

If I'm sensible I should not even catch a cold this winter. I imagine that the lockdown and social distancing measures will have considerably reduced the number of ordinary coughs and colds doing the rounds.

Love,

Caz
              X
              I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

• Originally posted by Caroline Brown View Post
                Wise, Phillip.

I've had no signs either, and I want to keep it that way, so I'm not going into town to have my normal 'flu jab this year, because it will put me more at risk of getting Covid-19.

If I'm sensible I should not even catch a cold this winter. I imagine that the lockdown and social distancing measures will have considerably reduced the number of ordinary coughs and colds doing the rounds.

Love,

Caz
                X

I was reading this morning that flu has been virtually non-existent during the southern hemisphere flu season, presumably for that reason. Though apparently the rhinoviruses that cause the common cold are significantly more transmissible than the coronavirus, and have not been much reduced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caroline Brown View Post
                  Wise, Phillip.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  But most developed countries are opening schools, the ultimate reservoir of every plague available. Since I can get severely ill from some of these viruses I have thought a lot about schools and wondered how much of the vulnerable population gets killed off every year due to infections in schools.

We had our too long taste of ObamaCare which had a theme of, your private life and habits affect everyone. Even legal habits and activities that are not contagious. Oregon was involved in the creation of this scam and doctors there had begun marginalizing and terrorizing patients who committed health crimes such as smoking or drinking more alcohol than the federal government said was allowed. (One/day for women, two/day for men. If you do this every day for a week, you might be labelled with Alcohol Use Disorder.)

So naturally, the festering pits of infection known as 'public schools' in the U.S., came to my mind. When they shut down due to COVID I had hopes that all learning would henceforth be done online and at distance. It was soon blatantly stated that our schools are the biggest babysitters in the nation and parents depend upon that! No wonder education is weak, it is a babysitting service first.

So the schools are back in business and it is up to everyone else to protect themselves. Health crimes only matter if they are individualized and not in the public interest. A student who kills off vulnerable people with some new virus from school is simply aiding evolution and those deaths are called "expected". IMO politicians and doctors only reacted strongly to COVID because mass infection threatened societal and power structures. Otherwise, since COVID mainly kills people with other conditions, I think it would have been decided those people don't matter and their demises would have been called "expected".

Comment

• So now the UK government is telling people to work from home again.

After all the "herd immunity strategy", lockdown, not bothering to test and trace, loosening of lockdown, tightening back up of lockdown, dithering, "back to normal by Christmas", slamming the brakes on, taking the brakes back off again, testing and tracing again, encouraging people to go back to work again, telling people to stay at home if they had symptoms, telling people with symptoms to go halfway across the country to be tested, shielding, unshielding, not bothering to enforce, slapping 10,000 fines on, encouraging people to go on foreign holidays, quarantining people who had gone on foreign holidays and so on and so forth ad nauseam.

Have we ever been cursed with such a bunch of clueless clowns in our history?

Comment

• The last Tory government was the fifth-raters led by a third-rater...this one is more of the same led by an impressionable buffoon who's never grown up...a Billy Bunter caricature schoolboy...which is appropriate because this particular band of overprivileged rodents have no particular talent beyond raiding the tuck shop.

Please pardon my intemperance. I'm usually a balanced character, carrying a chip on both shoulders because as a lifelong British taxpayer, I'm entitled to...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        The last Tory government was the fifth-raters led by a third-rater...this one is more of the same led by an impressionable buffoon who's never grown up...a Billy Bunter caricature schoolboy...which is appropriate because this particular band of overprivileged rodents have no particular talent beyond raiding the tuck shop.

Please pardon my intemperance. I'm usually a balanced character, carrying a chip on both shoulders because as a lifelong British taxpayer, I'm entitled to...
                        Just to fill everyone in about Billy Bunter.

As portrayed by actor Gerald Campion in the BBC television series "Billy Bunter of Greyfriars School" --

Charles Hamilton invented the character for an unpublished story in the late 1890s. He claimed Bunter was derived from three persons: a corpulent editor, a short-sighted relative, and another relative who was perpetually trying to raise a loan. The character Billy Bunter appeared in 1,670 of the 1,683 issues of The Magnet magazine from 1908 to 1940.

Following the outbreak of World War II in September 1939 closure of The Magnet in 1940, Hamilton obtained a contract from publishers Charles Skilton for a series of hardback novels. The first of these, Billy Bunter of Greyfriars School, was published in September 1947. It began a series that continued for the rest of Hamilton's life. In the 1950s the initial novels were reprinted by Cassells, who took over publication of the series, which continued until 1967, the final novels being published posthumously. Bunter stories have also been adapted for BBC Radio.

Information from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Bunter

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                          The last Tory government was the fifth-raters led by a third-rater...this one is more of the same led by an impressionable buffoon who's never grown up...a Billy Bunter caricature schoolboy...which is appropriate because this particular band of overprivileged rodents have no particular talent beyond raiding the tuck shop.

I quite like 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
                            So now the UK government is telling people to work from home again.

After all the "herd immunity strategy", lockdown, not bothering to test and trace, loosening of lockdown, tightening back up of lockdown, dithering, "back to normal by Christmas", slamming the brakes on, taking the brakes back off again, testing and tracing again, encouraging people to go back to work again, telling people to stay at home if they had symptoms, telling people with symptoms to go halfway across the country to be tested, shielding, unshielding, not bothering to enforce, slapping 10,000 fines on, encouraging people to go on foreign holidays, quarantining people who had gone on foreign holidays and so on and so forth ad nauseam.

This crisis has exposed the weaknesses of society and governments. How far can government go to keep people 'safe' and what is more important than keeping people 'safe'? For instance, note my previous rant about schools. There is no reason lots of education could not be done online but parents need the babysitting service. It has long been known flu 'season' and much more comes from schools and day cares but apparently these things are necessary evils. If this was a smallpox reemergence we would see the same cluster-****.

We are lucky there are no big wars going on as there was during the 1918 flu. Imagine how governments and fake news would have learned nothing from then till now.

Billy Bunter looks like Dudley Dursley.

Comment

• The frustrating thing is that in the UK infection rates did fall to a very low level, and the impression we were given was that the restrictions would be gradually relaxed, but not beyond the point where numbers started rising again.

What has happened in practice is that the government somehow got the totally irrational idea that the virus had magically become non-infectious and that we could go largely back to normal ("by Christmas" according to Johnson a couple of months ago). And the restrictions have continued to be loosened despite the fact that the numbers of new cases have been rising for about 6 weeks. Only about three weeks ago, the government launched a major campaign to persuade people to stop working at home and return to the workplace. So now we find ourselves with infections rocketing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post

I very much doubt it.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                                (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Working...
                                X