Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jack The Ripper Museum ( July 25, 2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jack The Ripper Museum ( July 25, 2015)

http://www.jacktherippermuseum.com/

JACK THE RIPPER MUSEUM
    12 CABLE STREET
    LONDON
    E1 8JG

TEL: 020 7448 9811

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

I was planning to go to Cable Street next week to take a few photos around Dellow Street. If the museum's open, I'll pop in and have a look.

Does anyone know whose baby this is? Not RE's presumably because there's no mention of Kos.

Comment

Having a hell of a time trying to sign on for their newsletter...someone goofed on their end....try it Gary.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
        Does anyone know whose baby this is? Not RE's presumably because there's no mention of Kos.
        Mark Richard Palmer-Edgecumbe is listed as director of Jack the Ripper Museum Ltd on the website "Companies in the UK". He was appointed director in May 2015. Mr Palmer-Edgecumbe was previously non-exec director of the Museum of London (2006-2013), and has a pretty impressive CV on Linkedin.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Having a hell of a time trying to sign on for their newsletter...someone goofed on their end....try it Gary.
          How,

I filled out the online form and then received an email from someone called Fiona Marshall asking me to confirm that I was not a Robot. Once I did so I was told I had been added to the subscription list.

Was that your experience or did you not get that far?

Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            Mark Richard Palmer-Edgecumbe is listed as director of Jack the Ripper Museum Ltd on the website "Companies in the UK". He was appointed director in May 2015. Mr Palmer-Edgecumbe was previously non-exec director of the Museum of London (2006-2013), and has a pretty impressive CV on Linkedin.
            That seems to bode well, Gareth. Bit of an out of the way location, though, if it's to succeed as a commercial venture.

Comment

How,

I filled out the online form and then received an email from someone called Fiona Marshall asking me to confirm that I was not a Robot.

Was that your experience or did you not get that far?
              Poor old How had a slightly different experience... he got an email asking him whether he was an exhibit.

(I'm here to tell ya!)
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
              (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

I may have spoken too soon. I have received a second email asking me to confirm that I am not a Robot.

P-E-R-H-A-P-S T-H-E-Y D-I-D N-O-T B-E-L-I-E-V-E M-E T-H-E F-I-R-S-T T-I-M-E.

Edit: to prove my humanity the second time I had to identify the hamburgers in a gallery of foods.

I can't believe Howard flunked that one.

Comment

Gary:
                  Did that appear for you ? Nothing showed up for me.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I have received a second email asking me to confirm that I am not a Robot.
                    The museum is in Cable Street, right? Back in 1936, they'd have asked you to confirm you weren't a rabbi.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                      Gary:
                      Did that appear for you ? Nothing showed up for me.
                      First time, no, second time there was a drop down of the gallery of grub.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        The museum is in Cable Street, right? Back in 1936, they'd have asked you to confirm you weren't a rabbi.
                        Maybe they've adopted the slogan of the anti-fascists at the battle of Cable Street: They Shall Not Pass.

Comment

I looked at the shop section. Glasses, mugs and T shirts. No yo-yos.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                            I looked at the shop section. Glasses, mugs and T shirts. No yo-yos.
                            The T shirt's not bad.

I think No. 12 is at the bottom of Leman Street, just around the corner from Graces Alley.

Comment

I think it's 2 doors away from Poppies Diner. Number 12 looks like it's undergoing work on the current Google pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X