Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jack The Ripper Museum ( July 25, 2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What surprises me is how, if (and of course it hasn't been confirmed) this collection has been "professionally curated" by someone with high-level experience in a major museum, some of the howlers that have been pointed out here could have got through.

I'm thinking of the non-photograph of Mary Kelly, for example. Any Ripperologist, if asked, would have advised these people that in only one case is there a known photograph of one of the victims in life. Yet they've ended up ludicrously mis-labelling a photograph of a joke Ripper suspect as Mary Kelly.

Or there's PC Watkins's alleged possessions. Maybe they did belong to him. But surely the same thought went through everyone's mind when they came up for auction - are these the real thing? And again, most Ripperologists would have known that there was a problem with the whistle. How is it that a high-level professional museum curator would be so much more gullible than we are? And how is it that she wouldn't have asked for expert advice, if she couldn't judge for herself?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cris Malone View Post
      Some folks seem to have way too much time on their hands.
      That sort of comment runs the risk of mildly irritating everyone, but not really annoying anyone, unless you make it clear who you're getting at.

Comment

• http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.u...ndon_1_4175564

To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

• A group of feminists on Facebook have a rave up

https://www.facebook.com/events/927447087314373/
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• This venture will fail miserably as the site is too distant for regular tourists.

Even Jack the Ripper walks don't go anywhere near.
            Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

• Stephen:

All day I've had this feeling that the Tour Guides might suffer from this affair....I certainly hope not. Stuff like this often snowballs. Take the kid in South Carolina who shot and murdered 9 black folks....the State flag wound up being changed from that heinous act.
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Originally posted by CGP View Post
                That sort of comment runs the risk of mildly irritating everyone, but not really annoying anyone, unless you make it clear who you're getting at.
                Protestors.

Its likely going to run its natural course anyway.
                Best Wishes,
                Cris Malone

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                  Stephen:

All day I've had this feeling that the Tour Guides might suffer from this affair....I certainly hope not. Stuff like this often snowballs. Take the kid in South Carolina who shot and murdered 9 black folks....the State flag wound up being changed from that heinous act.
                  State flag?
                  Best Wishes,
                  Cris Malone

Comment

• Cris:
                    Yeah....the Stars and Bars had been the state flag of South Carolina. Come to think of it, I don't know what it is now.

correction....the Stars and Bars were in the flag, they weren't the entire flag.
                    My goof.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                      Cris:
                      Yeah....the Stars and Bars had been the state flag of South Carolina. Come to think of it, I don't know what it is now.
                      The palmetto is the state flag of South Carolina.
                      Best Wishes,
                      Cris Malone

Comment

• I'm batting a thousand Cris. !!!
                        Disregard that previous remark about the flag.
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Lol. I've had one of those days myself. At least the humidity has let off for a day or two. Been pretty rough outside.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Cris Malone

Comment

• Here's an interesting little article putting the "museum" into historical context:
                            http://scroll.in/article/745464/jack...ll-things-gory

Comment

• How
                              You seem to have cut the top off that Class War advert...
                              I see the Class War, Women's Death Brigade are organising the demo on Wednesday at 6 pm that will allegedly mobilise 200 protesters against the monetarization of the murder of working class women. Tour guides beware - you are next!
                              According to a Class War roving reporter, the project manager of the Museum is called Billy Big Bollox.
                              There is another feminist picket on Tuesday at 7.30 pm organised by Katherine Connelly - I wonder if she is related to Pearly Poll?

Comment

• A New York Times blog which mentions the museum

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...r-museum/?_r=2
                                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                                X