The Phenomenon...October 1888 to Now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phenomenon...October 1888 to Now.

This new Forum will contain a plethora of threads on ways the Ripper is and was referred to in daily life, from the first moment the name was presented in the public until now.

If others have references or remember stories in which the Ripper's name was used, please contact me and we can add your contribution to the thread.

To begin with, I am going to initiate a dozen new threads with different headings tonight.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

If anyone has a suggestion or two for new threads I've overlooked, your suggestions are most welcome.

There are scads of stories throughout the newspaper archives which contain peripheral, unrelated episodes to the actual Case which are interesting in their own right.
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

On the new "Threats & Calling Cards" under this Forum, Mike Covell has added exactly the sort of thing we're looking for.

I think it might be a good way for newcomers and even some old heads to reexamine how much of an influence just the name, Jack The Ripper, was.

Recently, a man who I work with got the old grilling from me over his impressions of the Ripper. He was startled to discover that the Ripper not only slashed throats...but that he mutilated the bodies in such a fashion.

I was like that once myself.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
      X