Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking a look at policemen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Taking a look at policemen

    The theories that Jack may have been a police officer are intriguing. Several of the known officers in the case have sparked my curiosity for one reason or another. The central question remains, however - IF Jack was covered by blood, how would an officer explain himself? Of course, he may have killed somewhat efficiently and avoided that; and to some extent a dark blue uniform in the dim light would assist him. The best means of cleaning your hands is simply to wipe them on a clean spot of the victims’ clothes. Or, he might have had a bolt hole he used to change in or disappear to. OR - Jack might have been a Police impersonator.
    As much as has been written about the Ripper, there are many suspects that I feel haven’t been fully explored as yet. PC Ripper is just one of these.
    A book on little-known or lesser-discussed suspects, anyone?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Patrick Kelley View Post
    The central question remains, however - IF Jack was covered by blood, how would an officer explain himself?
    Hi Patrick,

    In the case of Clay Pipe Alice the officer discovering her (Andrews) had touched her face and abdomen. Blood was running from her abdomen from a wound as well as other superficial cuts. He therefore had an excuse to have blood on his hands.

    Another explanation could be the officer was off duty during the times of a given murder.

    Comment


    • #3
      I like the off-duty angle.

      Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
      Hi Patrick,

      In the case of Clay Pipe Alice the officer discovering her (Andrews) had touched her face and abdomen. Blood was running from her abdomen from a wound as well as other superficial cuts. He therefore had an excuse to have blood on his hands.

      Another explanation could be the officer was off duty during the times of a given murder.
      That would fall in line with his knowing the beat times and movements of his fellow officers. A disgruntled PC, anyone?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Patrick Kelley View Post
        That would fall in line with his knowing the beat times and movements of his fellow officers. A disgruntled PC, anyone?
        Howard posted an article on this forum (I believe in the McKenzie thread) about the policemen drafted in during the Ripper murders. It stated something like 400 men being drafted in and they were down to the last 40 after the cooldown after the MJK murder. Those last 40 were withdrawn a few days before the murder of Alice McKenzie. The article went on to say the murderer of Alice must have had an inside knowledge of police procedure.

        IMO that inside knowlege could also include the Vigilance Committee members.

        Comment


        • #5
          Patrick,

          The article I spoke of is here. https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=9858

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you!

            Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
            Patrick,

            The article I spoke of is here. https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=9858
            Very helpful!

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Patrick,

              I looked briefly at the suspected police officers in my book.

              This thread has reminded me of Thomas Burke's short story, The Hands of Mr Ottermole and I have just discovered that it was dramatised as part of Alfred Hitchcock presents in 1957. Has anyone seen that and is it worth watching?

              Comment


              • #8
                Its not bad, Paul.....and its on Daily Motion.com
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact [email protected]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Your book...

                  Originally posted by Paul Williams View Post
                  Hi Patrick,

                  I looked briefly at the suspected police officers in my book.

                  This thread has reminded me of Thomas Burke's short story, The Hands of Mr Ottermole and I have just discovered that it was dramatised as part of Alfred Hitchcock presents in 1957. Has anyone seen that and is it worth watching?
                  Though I may already have it (I’ll have to check), please tell me the name of it; if you don’t mind. Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                    Its not bad, Paul.....and its on Daily Motion.com
                    Thanks Howard. I'll take a look.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Patrick
                      The television program has the same title.
                      To Join JTR Forums :
                      Contact [email protected]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thank you, Howard

                        Enjoyed it!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X