Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hello Every one,
    My name is Bryan Thomas Runnegar, From Australia, but my parents were born in London. I found this article while reading the news today, and thought how similar the rippers murders were.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-sex-game.html

Do you think the ripper was part of an occult? or some sort of Satan worshipper?

Best Regards
    BTR

Hi, Bryan!

In my opinion JtR was not involved in any of those things. I think he was a loner with very personal thoughts, desires and ideas about how to amuse himself. Some people here on the Forum seem to think he was exploring to see what was inside his victims more than anything else. I have heard criminologists say that killers who do postmortem mutilations are likely to have that goal. Jack subdued and killed quickly. (No torture, pain, terror.) There was no sign of sexual activity. (No self gratification, postmortem sex, or even sex before the victims were killed.) He cut into bodies right after he made sure they were dead and most of their blood was conveniently running down the gutter. That is a rather utilitarian operation lacking most of the thrills of rape, personal interaction, sex, etc.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Hi Bryan,

Welcome!

It's tempting to read all sorts into the crimes of Jack the Ripper. Many theories have a tendency to seduction which depend much on a persons preconceived ideas, often the result of a disjointed, fictional and confusing portrayal of the crimes in various media.

Despite the claims of doom-mongers the field is wide open for new discoveries, and new researchers!

I wish you well in your endeavours.

My regards,

Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Runnegar View Post

Do you think the ripper was part of an occult?
        No, I think at most he was a religious fanatic, definitely not occult, but a true believer down on whores.

Originally posted by Bryan Runnegar View Post
        or some sort of Satin worshipper?
        I think he was more into astrakhan worship, if anything

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
          No, I think at most he was a religious fanatic, definitely not occult, but a true believer down on whores.

I think he was more into astrakhan worship, if anything
          (Amazingly, in our discussion on the thread about the disappearance of the Beaumont children, a possible suspect with odd habits has been referred to as the Satin Man. Don't ask...)
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Hello Bryan

Welcome to the Forum. I am also a new member with an obsession with mystery men (see Newcomers post).

Well what a lovely article. Imagine if this woman and Geoffrey Dahmer ever got together. Totally carnage.

In terms of the occult aspect of the JtR case, I think this is unlikely. To me the murders seem to derive from personal rage and anger toward women or perhaps one in particular in his life. Of course, anything is possible.

That's my two cents worth anyway!

t

Comment

Working...
            X