Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all. Intro and basis for my thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all. Intro and basis for my thoughts.

I've been interested in the Ripper since childhood. It was actually the Michael Caine TV movie that got me interested, and I was all of 10 when it came out. I've been fascinated ever since. I've never been as serious a student as most of you, but I have delved into many serial killer cases, and I have formed some opinions about Saucy Jack.

- The C5 were most definitely not his only victims. Nichols may have been his first kill, but certainly not his first victim. Serial killers typically do not pick a victim out og the blue and kill then mutilate them the way history tells us JTR did. We are missing a big part of the story.

- He wasn't necessarily dead or imprisoned after MJK. I used to believe that serial killers could not and would not stop. But I followed the EAR/ONS case for years and when he was finally caught it appears that he DID stop killing. Being one of the most prolific serial rapists and killers of our time, this shows me that not all killers fall into set patterns or rules. Who knows what happened to make him stop, if he did. But I view it as a possibility.

- Although there was no sexual assault in the classic sense, i.e. no penetration that we know of, the crimes were clearly sexual in nature. The crimes were directed at their very nature as women, focusing on genitalia, breasts, and faces (the face is usually how we see a woman as beautiful or not). Almost as if he wanted to take their womanhood away, destroy their femininity. Was it sexually gratifying for him? This I have not formed an opinion on, but I tend to lean toward Jack gaining some sexual satisfaction from it. Further ... and this is the novice in me speaking, would we know if there was penetration?

A) They were prostitutes. Not to be crass, but the presence of semen would have been pretty standard for them.

B) The sexual organs were by and large mutilated, thereby making a determination difficult.

All this said, I am sure people more learned than I have dug into other possibly related crimes, explored these areas and had the same thoughts already. Just putting it out there so people have a sense of my view coming in as a wannabe.

Hi, Alex! I tend to agree with your thoughts. Then there are the complications that make this case unique.

You are farther ahead than me when I joined here because at that time I still believed that serial killers could not stop unless dead, confined, etc. Therefore, what happened to JtR and how do we find him? Perhaps he lived out his days with a family like the recently caught Golden State Killer suspect tried to do.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Welcome once again, Alex....

- He wasn't necessarily dead or imprisoned after MJK. I used to believe that serial killers could not and would not stop. But I followed the EAR/ONS case for years and when he was finally caught it appears that he DID stop killing. Being one of the most prolific serial rapists and killers of our time, this shows me that not all killers fall into set patterns or rules. Who knows what happened to make him stop, if he did. But I view it as a possibility.

We could also add BTK who stopped for a long while.
      I agree Alex. Good observation.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
        Hi, Alex! I tend to agree with your thoughts. Then there are the complications that make this case unique.

You are farther ahead than me when I joined here because at that time I still believed that serial killers could not stop unless dead, confined, etc. Therefore, what happened to JtR and how do we find him? Perhaps he lived out his days with a family like the recently caught Golden State Killer suspect tried to do.

How do we find him indeed? That's the question, isnt it? I've come to terms with the idea that we will never truly know. Over a century later, with relatively scant evidence left, it seems to me there is no foolproof way to ID the perpetrator. What WOULD constitute proof? That is the question I most often ask myself re: JtR. I remember watching with rapt interest the special on the shawl. DNA! My excitement lasted all of a day. Even with my limited knowledge, I realized that even if the DNA analysis WAS done correctly, it was hardly definitive short of exhuming bodies and testing for matches.

I, in my naivete, currently posit that the "answer", or as close as we will get to one, is in non C-5 victims and some forgotten footnote in a police file.

Ted Bundy was questioned by police more than once. So were many, many other serial killers before their apprehension. I believe it likely that JtR was questioned by police on at least one occasion and was able to satisfactorily explain himself. I believe the police were looking for someone that would be obvious upon an encounter. Certainly not someone who looked normal and was able to put on the "mask of sanity". Should we ever hope to have an answer to our question, we should hope that it was recorded nonchalantly and that the record still exists, AND that there is enough of a connection to one day make a researcher perk up and dig deeper. I think he was a nobody and that the leftover evidence, lacking any DNA and with incomplete records, provides little hope of a positive ID.

That doesnt mean I am not fascinated. I didnt think the EAR/ONS (Or Golden State Killer, if you will - I cant help but still think of him by the EARONS moniker as so many people who followed for years still do) would ever be caught, and lo and behold they finally brought him to justice. Honestly, I want that rush again! To see a beast identified and to have some small semblance of justice for those poor women.

Comment

Alex: I think the best way to seek a path to the fiend is to learn more and more about the times and the area. Debra A., Gary, Robert and many others are doing fantastic work tracing life histories of many peripheral characters. DO read 'Tales of the Ratcliff Highway' and about Pearly Poll, Fogarty, Squibby and all the rest. Alice MacKenzie (Kinsey) seems to have been identified. We are learning so much every day.

(In a personal side note, I live in the Pacific Northwest of USA and was for sure in close proximity to Ted Bundy's operations once and perhaps twice. I created a small thread, probably under 'other killers' or something similar because I have an idea Bundy had interactions with women that for one reason or other did not end in murder. I may have been one of those women. The same can be said for other serial killers and I have the same thought about JtR. However, after reading lots of old news articles, Old Bailey cases, etc. I do not feel like I have read anything that points to JtR. I am always surprised at the amount of violence that happened generally but never really had the feeling any of the miscreants were Jack.)
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Working...
          X