• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
    Eh? Who?
    John Lee Wildbore, born Tilton, 1803 - Fred A's dad, living in Lambeth in 1861.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Eh? Who?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Hi Jerry

These are "Tilton" Frederick Wildbore's parents.
    Nice find, Robert - this Robert was born in 1770!

How does his son, Fred, relate to John Lee?

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Hi Jerry

These are "Tilton" Frederick Wildbore's parents.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Dunlop
    replied
    Hi Jerry

Missed him, but it gets even more depressing, I'm afraid - he died before the end of the second quarter of the same year.
    Wow, talk about a dark cloud over your head.

Thank you Robert!

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Hi Jerry

Missed him, but it gets even more depressing, I'm afraid - he died before the end of the second quarter of the same year.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Dunlop
    replied
    Hi Jerry

The life of Samuel's wife Martha was a tragic one. She was born around 1829 in Ratcliff, the daughter of Richard and Martha Hatton. Richard was a butcher. In 1841 they were in Cable St.

Martha married William King Sleigh, a tobacconist, in 1847 and the couple had four children. In the year 1854, three of the children died. The fourth, Richard William, was at boarding school in Kensington in 1861 and may have survived long enough to be a printer in 1871.

At some point in the 1850s her husband too must have died for she is a widow when she marries Samuel. The bad luck continued - Samuel Jr died in 1860 (the age says 11, but Debs discovered that the transcribers were sometimes entering months as years in the deaths, and I think that's what happened here).

She remarried in 1867 to Francisco or Francesco Barral, an interpreter living in Mitre Square. After that, I lose her.
    Thanks Robert,

So what happened to this guy? I think this is the same family is it not?

Name:Frederick Wildbore
    Christening Date:09 May 1860
    Christening Date (Original):09 MAY 1860
    Christening Place:ST MARY WHITECHAPEL,STEPNEY,LONDON,ENGLAND
    Birth Date:08 Mar 1860
    Father's Name:Samuel Wildbore
    Mother's Name:Martha Mary

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Hi Jerry

The life of Samuel's wife Martha was a tragic one. She was born around 1829 in Ratcliff, the daughter of Richard and Martha Hatton. Richard was a butcher. In 1841 they were in Cable St.

Martha married William King Sleigh, a tobacconist, in 1847 and the couple had four children. In the year 1854, three of the children died. The fourth, Richard William, was at boarding school in Kensington in 1861 and may have survived long enough to be a printer in 1871.

At some point in the 1850s her husband too must have died for she is a widow when she marries Samuel. The bad luck continued - Samuel Jr died in 1860 (the age says 11, but Debs discovered that the transcribers were sometimes entering months as years in the deaths, and I think that's what happened here).

She remarried in 1867 to Francisco or Francesco Barral, an interpreter living in Mitre Square. After that, I lose her.

Leave a comment:

• Pipeman
    replied
    I used to be very suspicious of Fred Wildbore because I thought there was no way he could be in the vault with the torso and not know. But if it really was covered in condy's powder and didn't smell then maybe his story isn't that far fetched. It looked like a ham wrapped up in an old coat ha ha. maybe the condy's fluid might have confused the doctors a little bit?

I mean I just don't know why he would bring attention to it himself if he brought there.

Obviously what you've found jerry proves he's worth a closer look.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Dunlop
    replied
    Hi Jerry

LSA stands for Licentiate of the Society of Apothecaries. Samuel Wildbore apparently qualified in 1858.

He is in the Medical Register in 1859 and 1863 at 1 Backchurch Lane, but in the 1861 census the address has Charles Reed, a butcher.

Samuel is not in the 1867 Register and in fact died in 1864. His wife Martha, whom he'd married in 1858, obtained the probate. His address was 1 Backchurch Lane.
    Many thanks Robert,

Hard to tell if she still had the property in the family in the 1880's, I guess. I have been trying to link all these people together.

Frederick John Wildbore (our man the carpenter)
    Frederick Augustus Wildbore (the builder living in Battersea)
    Frederick Wildbore b,1822/23 in Tilton (the Hackney surgeon)
    Samuel Wildbore (the Backchurch Lane chemist)

From what Gary and Debs provided I think the first two have a good chance of being related. The Hackney doctor I'm pretty sure fits in here as well . Samuel is a bit of a mystery for me at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Hi Jerry

LSA stands for Licentiate of the Society of Apothecaries. Samuel Wildbore apparently qualified in 1858.

He is in the Medical Register in 1859 and 1863 at 1 Backchurch Lane, but in the 1861 census the address has Charles Reed, a butcher.

Samuel is not in the 1867 Register and in fact died in 1864. His wife Martha, whom he'd married in 1858, obtained the probate. His address was 1 Backchurch Lane.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
    Gary,

Was John Lee Wildbore born in Tilton, Leicester? Frederick J (our man) was living with an uncle in Keyham in 1871 by the name of Michael Wildbore. Michael was born in Billesdon. It looks like Billesdon, Keyham and Tilton are all very close to each other. I'd say probably a connection there with Frederick Augustus and Frederick J.
    Yes, I believe he was. I'd be very surprised if the two Fred's weren't related in some way.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Dunlop
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    Hi Jerry,

Frederick Augustus's father was John Lee Wildbore, originally a teacher from Leicestershire, who was working as a clerk to a builder at the time of the 1871 census and living in Clarence Gardens, just to west of Euston Station. Another of John Lee's sons, Charles Lee, a farrier, was married in Islington in 1861 and was living there again in 1871 and, as Debs mentions below, Fred J was married in Islington in 1879.

Gary
    Gary,

Was John Lee Wildbore born in Tilton, Leicester? Frederick J (our man) was living with an uncle in Keyham in 1871 by the name of Michael Wildbore. Michael was born in Billesdon. It looks like Billesdon, Keyham and Tilton are all very close to each other. I'd say probably a connection there with Frederick Augustus and Frederick J.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Dunlop
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    Hi Jerry,

Frederick Augustus's father was John Lee Wildbore, originally a teacher from Leicestershire, who was working as a clerk to a builder at the time of the 1871 census and living in Clarence Gardens, just to west of Euston Station. Another of John Lee's sons, Charles Lee, a farrier, was married in Islington in 1861 and was living there again in 1871 and, as Debs mentions below, Fred J was married in Islington in 1879.

Gary
    Thanks Gary.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Hi Jerry,

Gary

Leave a comment:

Working...
X