Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Elizabeth Jackson Murder - in detail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Elizabeth Jackson Murder - in detail.

The Elizabeth Jackson murder is examined and discussed in great detail.
    Every one of the twelve locations where body parts were dumped are examined.
    The location where the inquests were held, the police stations that handled the investigation, the mortuary where the body parts were assembled are all visited.
    The exact location of the Shelley House and where part of the body was left in Battersea Park are conclusively identified...
    https://youtu.be/P5NxCra1660

And none of that has ever been done before?

Comment

I checked on both forums and there was considerable confusion over the location of the Shelley House and where the Battersea Park part was found - complete with misleading maps.

And to clarify - I read the relevant posts and articles about this case to find the different sites, and checked against contemporary newspaper reports as errors get repeated. In the case of the Shelley House and Battersea Park I couldn't determine where either location was without re-checking from scratch myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
        I checked on both forums and there was considerable confusion over the location of the Shelley House and where the Battersea Park part was found - complete with misleading maps.

And to clarify - I read the relevant posts and articles about this case to find the different sites, and checked against contemporary newspaper reports as errors get repeated. In the case of the Shelley House and Battersea Park I couldn't determine where either location was without re-checking from scratch myself.
        It's strange you say this Ed, and then point to the wrong house yourself in the video.

Comment

Strange?
          I gestured in the right direction and pinpointed it on two maps.
          Previous maps wrongly identified it as being behind me!
          Do you have any other points you wish to raise?

Comment

Strange?
            I gestured in the right direction and pinpointed it on two maps.
            Previous maps wrongly identified it as being behind me!
            Do you have any other points you wish to raise?
            "The exact location of the Shelley House and where part of the body was left in Battersea Park are conclusively identified..." Edward Stow

We conclusively identified the Shelley House location a few years ago.

You say in your opening remarks on this thread, "The Elizabeth Jackson murder is examined and discussed in great detail" yet you don't even show us the exact location by standing in front of it. That's not great detail, in my opinion.

Comment

Its better detail than identifying a house on the opposite side of the road which is what was done before.
              You seem aggrieved.

And I will repeat. I read those threads and found confusion and lack of clarity - from them I could not work out exactly where it was. So I went back over the evidence and indeed did pin point the house on the two maps I provided

Comment

Its better detail than identifying a house on the opposite side of the road which is what was done before.
                You seem aggrieved.

And I will repeat. I read those threads and found confusion and lack of clarity - from them I could not work out exactly where it was. So I went back over the evidence and indeed did pin point the house on the two maps I provided
                Ed,

The threads I started, early on, regarding the Shelley House were a bit confusing even for me. Mainly because Shelley had a theatre (a separate house completely) on Tite Street adjacent to the Chelsea lodge. It had a Tite Street address. It was built in 1881. It is now known as Shelley Court. So when you say some maps had the house behind you, that is why.

From this website. https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/idoxWAM/doc/...df&pageCount=1

The Shelley Theatre was constructed on the adjacent site in 1881 but, following objection from the neighbours in Chelsea Lodge, this was rebuilt in 1899 as Shelley Court fronting Tite Street together with three terrace houses frontingParadise Walk.
                (There is actually a lawsuit against Shelley regarding his using the house as a theatre. I can post it if anyone is interested.)

After further research, I was able to establish exactly where the house where the thigh was found was located. I have a thread on Casebook entitled "Shelley House Stables" (March 2019) that has a map almost identical to the one you posted on your video showing the exact location of the house. Somewhere on one or both forums I also included google map images of the Shelley House, original elevation plans for the house, newspaper clippings of Claude Mellor's account of the scene, etc, etc.

So, the lack of clarity I can see due to my confusion, at first, about the theatre, other than that it was well established where the house was located from what I provided.

Comment

The whereabouts of the frame ground in Battersea park has been known for a while too.

Comment

With the plethora of threads and inaccurate map on the topics of Battersea Park and the Shelley House it's a shame, perhaps, that the earlier ones with incorrect information weren't updated. But there is no need to feel threatened by it.
                    Or personally slighted.

Comment

Working...
                    X