No announcement yet.

Element 1- In Women's Clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I probably should have mentioned was that these unique elements in the WM are actually firsts in their respective categories....that is, as far as I can determine. In other words, prior to the WM, it is unlikely that police departments put their officers in women's clothes....I have yet to find one example of this occurring prior to the WM.
    Sorry for any confusion.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

It'd be a miracle if anyone could find an example of a reporter working on a murder case and deciding to go out in drag.
      This, I'm sure, is a first.

South Wales Echo
      October 1, 1888
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
        Jerry

I don't think the 'Mr. Doncaster' in the Daily news article was a suspect. Not sure who he was..

Hi How

Henry Doncaster jumped in to help the two detectives when the fight broke out.

I was in touch with his descendants for an article in Rip, "Cats and Dogs in Phoenix Place". They let me use a photo of Henry (as an old man) in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          It'd be a miracle if anyone could find an example of a reporter working on a murder case and deciding to go out in drag.
          This, I'm sure, is a first.

South Wales Echo
          October 1, 1888

Hi How

I`ve seen another press report which may relate to the same incident as above. I`ll try to find it, it has a bit more detail.

Comment

Henry Doncaster jumped in to help the two detectives when the fight broke out.

I was in touch with his descendants for an article in Rip, "Cats and Dogs in Phoenix Place".

-Jon Simons-

Thanks Jon....I was certain he wasn't a suspect or ally of the two fellas who jumped Robinson. I should have remembered your article too. Much obliged.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
            X