• Show
Clear All

• October 1889 Assault On Duncan Street

Sheffield & Rotherham Independent
    October 23, 1889
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

I have a question for any Londoners....

Why would she be taken to Leman Street ? To describe the perp, you think ?

Its stated that the two streets are 12 minutes apart.
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi Howard. This sounds just like what happened to Georgina Green in May, 1888. However, I wonder if these two women weren't cut by their significant other, required medical attention, but didn't want to give up their man. Either that or our boy Grainger was kickin' it Duncan Street style.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom:
        You might be right about their significant others...Green had a husband, if I remember correctly.
        Wish we knew the name of this woman...and the time of day this Duncan Street assault took place. I know it says evening but it might be later....
        I'll pass along the word of support to Grainger....he'll be glad you've smartened up and gotten into his corner.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi Howard,

It was probably the Duncan Street off Leman Street.

Duncan Street 1888.jpg

Rob

Comment

Thanks for that Rob...that sure makes a lot more sense than the Duncan Street in Islington !
            I looked for Duncan Street on Google and the first one I saw was in Islington.
            Much appreciated !
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi Howard,

When I think of pokers I think of Grainger and Cutbush. But these men couldn't have been our Jacky boy. If you don't believe me, ask Ed Stow and Jonathan Hainsworth.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Sounds like we need to send William G. over to those two to poke some sense into 'em.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Hi Howard,

When I think of pokers I think of Grainger and Cutbush. But these men couldn't have been our Jacky boy. If you don't believe me, ask Ed Stow and Jonathan Hainsworth.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  Yeah, I bet there's never been anyone who indulged in sadistic sexual fetish behaviour like bottom jabbing but also murdered, mutilated and eviscerated.
                  Much more likely that he was previously a ponce who bitch slapped high class mouthy prostitutes (ones with a track record for baiting pimps) across the face out on the open streets.

Comment

That's exactly right, Debs. Whoever Jack was, he was cocky. Not a sheepish little boy. That's not our boy Grainger. To say 'oh look, he stabbed a girl's bum' and think that makes him a Ripper candidate is like watching a man operate a remote control air plane and concluding he'd make a great pilot.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I'm not sure I'm reading you correctly Tom

I wouldn't describe Grainger as a sheepish little boy poking someone

He was man enough to take on a bunch of hooligans in the East End at night at the drop of a hat and his attack can hardly be put in the same category as Cutbush's

Comment

Hi Nemo. I'm not aware of any fight with hooligans.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Neems:

Tom would change that tune awful quick like if he got poked...no make that stabbed...in his vaginal area.
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                            I'm not aware of any fight with hooligans.
                            You missed out. :-p Rite of passage for 17 years old in soccer games in the UK.
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

I don't see a connection between the perfectly understandable anger a man feels when a bunch of ragamuffins are hassling him and the murderous rage towards an innocent woman that Sutcliffe claimed overcame him. Does one take his jacket off in the middle of an uncontrollable rage and settle down the moment authority arrives?

I'm also not sure beating away a group of kids is a display of bravery, particularly if he was armed with a knife.

Now tossing 10 policemen off you in the middle of court? That's a real badass.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                              X