Who is Liffey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Liffey?

I found this little snippet whilst transcribing, the article is dated, 10th September 1888, from the Hull Daily News

THE ARREST OF “LEATHER APRON”

The Press Association telegraphs that about one o’clock this morning a detective arrested a man known as “Leather Apron,” who was wanted in connection with the Whitechapel murder, at 22 Mulberry-street, Commercial-street. The real name of the man is John Piser, but his friends deny that he has ever been known by the nickname of “Leather Apron.” When the detective called at the house the door was opened by the prisoner himself. “Just the man I want,” said the detective, who charged him on suspicion of being connected with the murder of the woman Liffey.

I have searched online, via JTR Forums, via casebook, via casebook press project, in the A-Z, The Encyclopedia, and cannot find anything.

My guess is that it should be Siffey.

Comment

Mike:

Its also slightly dated news,buddy. Pizer had an alibi for September 8th ( Chapman's murder). Mr. B. is right. It has to relate to John Siffey.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Thanks gentlemen, it has also been pointed out that Siffey was a nickname given to Annie Chapman.

Comment

Mike:

As in "sieve" maker.
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact [email protected]

Comment

That would be correct, or "I have a memory like a

Comment

Working...
            X