Possible Explanation For The Hanbury Street Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs Long's route

Personally, I cannot understand why Mrs Long went out of her house, into Brick Lane, then Hanbury Street. She could easily have gone from her house to Commercial St then to Spitalfields Market, if she did indeed live in Church Street, Whitechapel.

The other Church Street and Row are in Bethnal Green and, I cannot imagine it being here as where she lived.

Why would anyone go out of their way to walk a route that will take longer, when you could have save half the time? Unless you do have time on your hands.

Still, maybe we will never know why Mrs Long took this route.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sullivan View Post

The other Church Street and Row are in Bethnal Green and, I cannot imagine it being here as where she lived.
      I thought a census had been located for her and/or her husband living in Church Row, Bethnal Green?
      I could be wrong, so much has been debated on her address in the past, I should look it up myself.
      Regards, Jon S.
      "
      The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
      " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
      Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Working...
      X