• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Elaine:
    Thanks for verifying the origin.
    Some FYI about FJL...
    Several of us have had very unsavory experiences with her...the less about her on the Forums, the better.
    Again, thanks for following through....
    How
    Hi Howard,
    Nice to hear from you and a great 2014 to you and yours.
    I know all about FJL's research and her discrepancies with other researchers, so don't worry.
    Just followed through with the research for the source of the image and also the other image which Rob was kind enough to point out to me.

Lots of regards
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine:

All the best in 2014 to you too and thank you for being understanding.
      How
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
        I know all about FJL's research and her discrepancies with other researchers, so don't worry.
        Hi Elaine.

We're not talking even to the extent of Marriott here - we are talking literally national press, Restraining Orders, ASBOs and prison sentences handed out at Crown Court. This woman tried to literally ruin some of our lives. It's way beyond disagreements.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
          Hi Elaine.

We're not talking even to the extent of Marriott here - we are talking literally national press, Restraining Orders, ASBOs and prison sentences handed out at Crown Court. This woman tried to literally ruin some of our lives. It's way beyond disagreements.

PHILIP
          Hi Philip,
          Of course I will respect the forum wishes and leave out this individual's research from this forum.
          Howard may delete the photograph and I apologize if it caused any inconvenience to you guys.
          Many regards
          Elaine

Comment

Hi all,

How:

Interesting, thanks for posting that up!

Sam:

Ooh yes. I was just about to say that Catherine might have been not a bad looker in her younger days, but I take it back!

Cheers,
            adam.

Comment

Found this today

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...im-remembered/

Comment

Hi Jon

I can't remember who that is...maybe someone to do with 'Uncle Jack'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Wilkes View Post
                  Disturbing to see that alleged photograph of Catherine Eddowes in life published as if it really is her.

Alleged photograph of Catherine Eddowes in life.
                  Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                  https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                  Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Hi Chris. Have seen this before quite a few times. It has been deloused and verified a fake I believe.

Phil
                    from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G. View Post
                      Disturbing to see that alleged photograph of Catherine Eddowes in life published as if it really is her.

Alleged photograph of Catherine Eddowes in life.
                      Pinterest has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Not Eddowes. Not sure if the picture has been identified but like was said, the issue has been de-loused.

I am on Pinterest because part of my life still has to do with art, largely textile. I use it to store ideas and patterns for quick reference so my bookmarks aren't all clogged up.

The way it works is that every time I put the cursor on a picture the "Pin" button shows up. Thank God it's a two part function or all sorts of stuff would fly to one board or another. I think I can write anything I want on the pictures and I can swap with others or find my own.

I also use Pinterest as a halfway step aiding me in my cyber-ignorance. The only way I can change avis here is to run the picture through Pinterest first. Maybe Pinterest runs on gif or something.

Anything goes on Pinterest, so don't expect anything to be vetted or accurate. Errors can be swapped from board to board as well as anything else. (In fact swapping from board to board is the easiest way to save anything to your own board.) It's just an online scrapbook for anything one collects.
                        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

That's what I meant - that the image (and other supposed pictures of the victims in life) have been 'pinned' and re-pinned as original without any verification or research or link back to a source and people just believe they are genuine and continue to pass them around.

Comment

You are right Debra. Pinterest has a mixed reputation for that sort of thing plus some dangers going to sites attached to pictures. As with much else online, it is what you make of it. I think there is a whole system for communicating with other pinners but I'm too busy to mess with it. Theoretically the errors could be called out but then it would be like Twitter where an argument can ensue. (Thank God my Twitter followers and I try to keep accurate and police each other.) I keep getting notices that I have followers who favourite my stuff. Geez...until I post pictures of my own work I'm not too interested.

The way to handle all this would be to have a board titled something like: Fake Pictures of JtR Victims. Then post Lizzie Williams, this latest of Kate, the model said to be Liz Stride...even my avi which is Sickert's Mrs. Barrett, said to "really" be MJK.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                              The way to handle all this would be to have a board titled something like: Fake Pictures of JtR Victims. Then post Lizzie Williams, this latest of Kate, the model said to be Liz Stride...even my avi which is Sickert's Mrs. Barrett, said to "really" be MJK.
                              That sounds like a good idea to try and counter it, Anna.

Comment

It's actually simple to do. I have three or more boards already. Got to figure out how to add comments. For a beginning, does anyone know when, how or by who this alleged picture of Eddowes was "de-loused" & exposed? I know the model-as-Stride was done by someone who wrote about it in 'Ripperologist'. Lizzie Williams isn't difficult. Are there other wrongly identified pictures circulating? Probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X