Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddowes remembered in Wolverhampton

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...im-remembered/
    Apologies for the fact that Russell Edwards is involved.

Is that photo of Eddowes genuine? I don't recall seeing it before, even in Neal Sheldens book.

Edit just read the article & noted it's full of mistakes, like date of death.

You'd think they could have at least got the place of her death right.

Comment

This whole business gets more and more ridiculous, if not outright insulting.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
      (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        This whole business gets more and more ridiculous, if not outright insulting.
        I can sort of understand Wolverhampton wanting to make some tourist capital out of the connection, but the bright sparks in the 'Civic and Historical Society' who assented, either out of ignorance or because they thought it sounded better, to the use of 'Whitechapel' on the plaque should be taken to task.

I have sent a strongly-worded email to The Express. No doubt they'll print a retraction in their next issue :-).

Comment

Give 'Em Hell, Gary !
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact [email protected]

Comment

I'm waiting for Lynn Cates's response to the 'innocent victim of Jack the Ripper' bit. Sharpening his Sgian Dubh as we speak I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonjelly View Post
              http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...im-remembered/
              Apologies for the fact that Russell Edwards is involved.
              Coincidentally, this report appeared on the same day that the paperback edition of his book was officially published.

Comment

Goodbye Kate. Though you be gone
                The legend of your shawl lives on.

Comment

That picture is interesting. Someone should do a reverse search on it, or whatever was done on the picture of the model who was said to be Liz Stride at a young age.

It seems most of what we know about Kate is that her life was hard and she seems always to have been fairly poor. I would say the clothing this woman is wearing is expensive, not to mention the broach. As with the picture supposedly of Liz, I have some major questions. Even if we compare this picture to Annie Chapman's wedding picture, the new Kate picture seems to show a lot of finery for some reason.

Don't know what I think of the plaque. Someone ought to open a shop that sells imported shawls right by the plaque. Shawls and books...some books....
                  The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Notice the caption calls Edwards a Ripper expert. I just got accused of not being one on the other site. Need to thank that poster for that.

As I've said before... wish I believed in ghost. Some people need haunting.
                    Best Wishes,
                    Cris Malone

Comment

ignore

Hello Gary. Thanks.

Actually, over the years I have learned to ignore such things.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                        That picture is interesting. Someone should do a reverse search on it, or whatever was done on the picture of the model who was said to be Liz Stride at a young age.
                        It's been discussed here:
                        http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=4808

Elsewhere it's said to be a photograph of Stride, not Eddowes.

Comment

Chris, all:

On Google, the photograph is found on several sites claiming to be Kate...

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sb...4uRSLc-p3btlKU
                          To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                          X