New Mary Ann Nichols family information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mary Ann Nichols family information

Mary Ann Nichols mother Caroline Walker died in 1852 and was buried on 5th December at St Andrew Holborn.

Mary gave birth to a son on 4th July 1866 and called him Edward John Nichols. Together with her other son Percy George born in 1868, the boys were christened on the 9th August 1868 at St Peter, Walworth.

That's great Neal - thanks for posting the information

Did her mother die young and do you know the cause of death please?

Comment

Hi Paul,
      Her mother did die young, haven't got the cause of death as yet. I may never have found the entry at all if it wasn't for the ancestry website, it's eluded me for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Shelden View Post
        Hi Paul,
        Her mother did die young, haven't got the cause of death as yet. I may never have found the entry at all if it wasn't for the ancestry website, it's eluded me for years.
        Sorry should have said age given as 32 on the register.

Comment

More good stuff, Neal....thanks very much !
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact [email protected]

Comment

Thanks very much Neal

That's a shame for Mary having her mother die when she (Mary) was so young

Comment

Stewart Evans posted what looked like a workhouse settlement examination on Mary Anne Nichols on Facebook the other day. Stewart has returned to self imposed exile so I don't want to bother him about the details, but has anyone else noticed Nichols says in her information that Edward Walker is her step father?
              I presume that Polly invented that detail or have I misread the document? Has anyone else looked at it and can shed some light?

Comment

Debs:

I didn't see the attachment you're referring to. Could you find the link to it ?
                XXXXXX
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                  Debs:

I didn't see the attachment you're referring to. Could you find the link to it ?
                  XXXXXX
                  Sorry, How. It's here:
                  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

x

Comment

Thank you Debs...
                    I don't know what to make of her claim....
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

She seems to have given some of the details of her husband (first name and occupation) as her 'real' father, saying he was dead, as was her mother (that bit about her mother was true according to Neal's first post) and that Walker was her step father. I didn't know if I was reading it correctly at first.

Comment

Working...
                      X