R.I.P. Mary Ann Nichols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Mary Ann Nichols

126 years ago today....Mary Ann Nichols was found murdered in Bucks Row.

RIP Polly
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Amen.

Comment

RIP Polly.

Comment

Rest peacefully Polly

Comment

I just did an "on this day" post on my facebook about her.

RIP Polly.

Comment

It's a few minutes past midnight in London right now on Aug 31st. The 132nd anniversary of Nichols' death is upon us. May she rest in peace.

There are those who think this was the first Ripper murder, but some people think it all began on Aug 7th. Regardless, both Martha and Polly will be remembered.

I read an old Ripperologist article today, and it spoke of the 1893 edition of Hayden's Dictionary of Dates. The book was used as a reference tool for listing trials, executions, and murder cases. The 1893 edition had a section that was titled "Whitechapel Murders". However, its first listed murder wasn't Nichols, Tabram, or Emma Smith. Instead, it was Harriet Lane. She was murdered in Whitechapel in 1874 and sadly dissected.

Jeff Bloomfield was the author of the Ripperologist article and he ended his text with an interesting point. He wondered if the Ripper was in London in 1874 and if so, could he have been influenced by Lane's murder in regards to selecting the Whitechapel area for his dismemberment killings of 1888.

Comment

R.I.P. Polly
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Rest in Peace Polly...it was a beautiful bonnet...

Comment

R.I.P Polly. You are still remembered as mother, wife, sister, daughter, real human being who lived in Victorian London.
                  The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Indeed, rest in peace Polly, and the other victims who we will also commemorate in the coming weeks. If only they could've known that in terms of recognition and respect, they would in the decades to come, have in death what they surely had precious little of in life.

Cheers,
                    Adam.

Comment

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                      X