Mary Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

promising

Hello Debs. Thanks for posting this. Looks promising.

Keep us informed will you?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Will do, Lynn.

Comment

Regarding the name Williams
        I keep researching this on and off and recently noticed in the Post Office directory for 1888 and 1889 at 157 Bow common Lane there was a Mary Williams, midwife, listed. 157 Bow Common Lane. This was the address given by Elizabeth Phoenix in 1888 and coincidentally(?) the source that MJK had a friend named 'Lizzie Williams'

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
          I keep researching this on and off and recently noticed in the Post Office directory for 1888 and 1889 at 157 Bow common Lane there was a Mary Williams, midwife, listed. 157 Bow Common Lane. This was the address given by Elizabeth Phoenix in 1888 and coincidentally(?) the source that MJK had a friend named 'Lizzie Williams'
          I wonder if MJK called herself Lizzie Williams. (Lizzie Fisher is another name mentioned at the time of her death as I recall.) Maybe a Mary Jane Williams became a Lizzie Fisher before moving inn with Barnett as MJK. Could all make sense.

So back to the archives to find a possible marriage for a Mary Kelly and ______ Williams? (I think I looked for something like that before.)
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

In my first post to this thread I mentioned an article that claimed MJK's real name was Mary Williams, according to her father who identified her later at the mortuary.

Comment

In my first post to this thread I mentioned an article that claimed MJK's real name was Mary Williams, according to her father who identified her later at the mortuary.
              Thanks for the update. I remember that and that is why I looked for marriages with Mary (Jane) Kelly and ________ Williams, figuring Williams was likely a Welsh name. That could explain a lot. (I think I also tried reversing the names. I'm real creative but keep drawing blanks with MJK....as does everyone else.)

My genealogy sources are poor so I mostly stick to newspapers at this time.
              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                Thanks for the update. I remember that and that is why I looked for marriages with Mary (Jane) Kelly and ________ Williams, figuring Williams was likely a Welsh name. That could explain a lot. (I think I also tried reversing the names. I'm real creative but keep drawing blanks with MJK....as does everyone else.)

My genealogy sources are poor so I mostly stick to newspapers at this time.
                Thanks for the reply, Anna. It's a never ending cycle!

Comment

This is very interesting, Debs. I seem to remember from the Breezer’s Hill/Pennington Street research that there were a number of infant deaths among the families we were interested in around the time MJK was there. It cross my mind to wonder whether they had all been natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                    This is very interesting, Debs. I seem to remember from the Breezer’s Hill/Pennington Street research that there seemed to be a number of infant deaths among the families we were interested in around the time MJK was there. It cross my mind to wonder whether they had all been natural.
                    Thanks, Gary. this is partly my interest too. There are still some questions attached to the Mary Jane Rees/Hopkins case and midwifery often paves the way for other practices.

Comment

thanks

Hello Debs. Thanks for updating.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Working...
                      X