Liverpool MJK's Whitechapel Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
    Doesn't this lend more credibility to City Missionary Charles Pateman's claim that he knew Mary Jane Kelly? I know there are some that doubt the words of various witnesses.

It looks like he might have specifically targeted 13 Miller's Court while they were there after the murder.
    I once noted that in comparing what we know of single woman tenants in Millers Court in 1888, to the 1891 census, the latter seemed to show many more couples or families. I have loosely opined that John McCarthy was scared straight after Mary's demise but maybe missionaries did make an extra effort st this location.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

26 and 27, Dorset Street and the properties in Miller’s Court seem to have been of particular concern to the do-gooders:

EC61DA93-7F87-4676-A086-A7F48092ACCD.jpeg

That was in Feb, 1886 (ELO).

Bear in mind that this includes John McCarthy’s own home.

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
        Margaret Rawlinson who married Daniel Reardon is Rosalie Ochse's daughter-in-law's sister. Margaret's sister Elizabeth Ann Ethel Rawlinson married Oscar Bernstein/Ochse/Osborn in 1886.

The Sarah Lewis from the list that Debra identified as witness Sarah Lewis cannot be the "friend" of Mary Jane Kelly that the City Missionary said he 'rescued' because Sarah Lewis said she didn't know Mary.

Could the 'friend' be Margaret Rawlinson/Reardon?
        I see Daniel and Margaret were living at 93, Cleveland Street in 1891.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
          I see Daniel and Margaret were living at 93, Cleveland Street in 1891.
          If you look at her whole story, she was on Horatio Street in Liverpool in 1881, went to London where her mother, sister, and grandparents were in the West End, and where her sister married Rosalie Ochse’s son, somehow ended up on Thrawl Street in 1887, and then was back in the West End in 1891.

Comment

Working...
          X