The Morgenstern Brothers, Felix Family & 79 Pennington Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Libby Isted View Post
    That's brilliant Debra, that's the bit I have missing. She married in 1911 but I wasn't sure what happened between John dying and her marriage.

Gary, She was born at 79 Pennington Street.
    Thanks, Libby. (I actually meant West India Dock Road.)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
      Re the clothes - what Anna said.
      I'm going nuts trying to figure out that stitch. That is a VERY interesting piece of lace. I can do the necklace in needle lace but I think it's crocheted and designed to match the collar. (Or pellarine as the fashion expert Mrs. Cox would have called it. Ever noticed how Mrs. Cox who was noted to be rough looking, had so many opinions about clothes? Mary's skirt was "shabby" as were Blotchy's clothes. But Mary wore a pellarine...uh, shawl.)

I would guess Louisa or her mother made that collar and choker.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Was John Morgenstern buried in the same Cemetery as Mary Jane Kelly?

Comment

Hi Debs

I would have thought so. There can't have been many Catholic St Patrick's round that way? Or maybe there could....

Comment

So is this Louisa in 1939, 26 Prince of Wales Rd, West Ham?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
              Hi Debs

I would have thought so. There can't have been many Catholic St Patrick's round that way? Or maybe there could....
              Thanks, Robert.

Comment

I presume it is st Patrick's at Leytonstone?

Yes that's her, she married William Heath on 27th Aug 1911.

Comment

I forgot to say my parents have one of these (there used to be 2!), in her item from my nan. Recently discovered it's by Petrus Regout, Maastricht, marked 1860-80. Possibly brought over by John or Elizabeth Morgenstern?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the interesting materials, Libby !
                    To Join JTR Forums :
                    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

• I was curious about Bertha signing her name Morganstin so I thought I would look up "morning star" in Dutch. It is Morgenster. We have seen that spelling in some of the records also.

I think the necklace that I thought was needlework is a necklace of very small shells. It consists of a choker around the neck and two loops hanging down and arranged carefully over the lace collar. The shells are little, pointed, twisted shells, periwinkle (?), I think. We see necklaces like that today.
                      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                        I was curious about Bertha signing her name Morganstin so I thought I would look up "morning star" in Dutch. It is Morgenster. We have seen that spelling in some of the records also.

In some of the Dutch population records I looked at their name is given as Morgenster.

morgenster.JPG

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9_25PyJ_w

Comment

• Here is Adrainus's birth regsistration. Here the famly are using Morgenstern.
                            I couldn't find one for John but there are ones for Dimpna, Lodewijk and Antonij Simon.

adrianus birth.JPG

The gist of it is this according to google translate:
                            :
                            In the year 1848 on 17th April
                            Appeared before us official of the civil state of the church
                            Alphen en Riel, Petrus Morgenstern,
                            Age 3?
                            Living in this municipality
                            Indicated to us that in this year on 17th April at eight o'clock in the morning in this congregation in the home district letter 'E' number ?20
                            was born a child of the male sex, of Anna Cornelia VanderMinne
                            Given the first name of Adriaun Lucas

Comment

• Thanks Debs ! Good finds
                              To Join JTR Forums :
                              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                                Thanks Debs ! Good finds
                                None of the info in Adrianus's birth record is new, How. Louis van Dompselaar found the original records , but the image is nice to see now the records have been digitised I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X