Mary Jane Wilson : Your Opinion On Her Identity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Anna. That’s all I ask.

A lot depends on the survey questions and how you interpret them. Is it that I don’t think she’s the one or she’s not debunked by a strict, absolute definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
      Perhaps against my basic instinct I voted that she might be Mary Kelly. My reasoning is that there seemed to be a lot of name swapping withing the family.
      There seems to be a lot of disowning and deserting as well. There's MJW of course with her husband and mother and children. There’s her son William John raised by “aunts” which could be anybody, or aunts that weren’t blood because he was likely illegitimate. Then there’s Robert Bruce Wilson with his brother William John saying he died in WWI. Maybe it was a mistake as there was a different Robert Bruce Wilson from Liverpool that died in the war but I believe somebody was disowning somebody to the point where they were dead to them, i.e. the real Robert Bruce Wilson, at least, who did come back from the War.

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
        Thanks, Anna. That’s all I ask.

A lot depends on the survey questions and how you interpret them. Is it that I don’t think she’s the one or she’s not debunked by a strict, absolute definition.
        That's pretty much what I was saying. She is not completely ruled out therefore our minds should remain open.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
          I believe SF's theory is that the woman buried as Jane Wilson in 1890 was not Mary Jane Wilson (nee Kelly), it was someone who impersonated her and comparison of her DNA to that of living relatives of MJW(K) would confirm that.
          If she's not in a common grave (she's not listed in the Select Cemetery Registers of England and Scotland like Joseph Fleming who's in a plot among the War dead), her corpse may have gone unclaimed for 48 hours after which a Medical School can claim the body or it can be donated to science by the Workhouse. This Jane Wilson may not be locatable which might leave Fleming although he's in a common grave like the real MJK.

Comment

If it's true, I don't have to tell you how it looks for mother Mary Kelly not to claim the body of her daughter Mary Jane Wilson, if that was really her.

For comparison's sake, it would be interesting to see if the bodies of her husband Robert Wilson and her sister-in-law Jane Wilson are in the Select Cemetery Records and their bodies were therefore claimed and given some type of burial. Both died in the Workhouse and Jane Wilson died in the Walton Workhouse like said Mary Jane Wilson.

Comment

Jane Bruce was readily located.

All England & Scotland, Select Cemetery Registers, 1800-2016 results for Jane Bruce
              View Record Jane Bruce abt 1846 15 Jul 1919 Merseyside, England Everton Cemetery

P.S. The only matching MJW/K born c. 1954, died 1890, is in Toxteth Park Cemetery and is not the right one. She is the one half way down this page on cemetery inscriptions. Her plot was on the cemetery roadway actually available on Google Streetview so I was able to discount her.

http://www.toxtethparkcemeteryinscri...ves/page/2012/

Comment

Robert Wilson can’t be found after dying in the Liverpool Workhouse but he deserted his family.

Mary Jane Wilson, if you believe it’s her, was reconciled to her mother in 1889. Then why does it look like her body may have gone unclaimed by the family in 1890 and her burial, apparently undocumented?

Comment

Working...
                X