Annie Millwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
    I'm a bit lost here on the French women, but want to suggest again that MJK's box of costly dresses need not have been the product of life in the brothel. (Brothel life could have been a good cover story for stolen dresses. Perhaps that's where that part of MJK's story got started.) They could have been stolen from someone who had access to clothing. (I found it interesting that Ben Goodson stole a large amount of clothing from a warehouse.)
    Hi Anna,

Long story short. I think the French dressmakers may have been the lodgers of Annie Millwood's relative, Ann Perry. This was in 1871, so no direct connection to MJK.

Gary

Comment

On a side note I've been to Greensted Church many times. Including to a Christmas Carol Service last year.
      Some of the Tolpuddle Martyrs were briefly resettled in Greensted after they were brought back from transportation to Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
        On a side note I've been to Greensted Church many times. Including to a Christmas Carol Service last year.
        Some of the Tolpuddle Martyrs were briefly resettled in Greensted after they were brought back from transportation to Australia.
        I've been there a couple of times. It's a lovely old building. I posted the link really to explain the discrepancy between the elder AP's two recorded birthplaces, Greenstead and Ongar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
          Hi Anna,

Long story short. I think the French dressmakers may have been the lodgers of Annie Millwood's relative, Ann Perry. This was in 1871, so no direct connection to MJK.

Gary
          I wonder if Annie East Perry, later Milward, was the illegitimate daughter of the Chelsea based, Essex born, unmarried, Ann East Perry. The Annie East Perry born 1844 in Bloomsbury who married Richard Milward was also registered under the name Annie East King at her birth, which would suggest illegitimacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Reid View Post
            I have also thought she and Tabram might have been attacked by the same person even if it wasn't JtR. Also, that the death was a little too much of a coincidence, that is, it likely was the result of the assault, whatever the diagnosis.
            This is a good thread to revive especially since we have been discussing Martha Tabram recently.

What got me here today is refreshing my memory on Annie Millwood, Ada Wilson, Emma Smith and Martha Tabram. The pattern I am thinking about is injury to women's lower abdomens, legs, sexual organs, whether by knife or otherwise. There was plenty of violence in the East End of London but it seems to me these sorts of injuries were unusual so the obvious question is, 'Why were there several of these in 1888, the same year JtR also targeted these areas?' The obvious point which many have pondered is, did JtR do any of the others and did he start out stabbing rather than slashing?

Over time there have been lots of creepy killers but I still think what happened to Emma Smith, vaginal penetration by foreign object which ruptured her internal organs, is extreme behavior even for a serial killer. JtR's attacks were also extreme. Were there two extremely deviant killers/attackers operating in that area in 1888 or was JtR able to advance from stabbing to throat cutting, Tabram to Nichols, in a short time?

However that is, this thread is a great one to re-read.
            The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Working...
            X