Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could These Be Alice Mackenzie's Relatives ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Pat Marshall View Post
    In the earlier Workhouse records 75-83 .....3 in Tower Hamilets and one in Mint Street Southwark it looked like widow of Joseph a Cabinet Maker
    After that it looked like John Carpenter. I thought this must be John McCormack. Brilliant find by the way....Lets hammer this one !
    Pat .......

    Sorry just seen I am repeating your post Debra. Apologies....
    Pat,

    Apologies for the diversion, but it does look promising. Now we need to find Alice Kinsey in London...

    Comment


    • #32
      Just found Alice Pitts in 1851 census living in Northampton, she was born in Peterborough her father Charles is a Post Office messenger There is a tree on Ancestry and they say she married Joseph Kinsey so its the right one..
      Its listed under Alice Petts b1845 .
      Wow this really looks like its the right one . Maybe chase up all her siblings and check if they all died as she said she was the last of her family.....

      Pat.....

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Pat Marshall View Post
        Just found Alice Pitts in 1851 census living in Northampton, she was born in Peterborough her father Charles is a Post Office messenger There is a tree on Ancestry and they say she married Joseph Kinsey so its the right one..
        Its listed under Alice Petts b1845 .
        Wow this really looks like its the right one . Maybe chase up all her siblings and check if they all died as she said she was the last of her family.....

        Pat.....
        Nice work Pat and everyone. Here is the whole family.


        Crown copyright images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England

        Comment


        • #34
          Looks like this could be Joseph Kinsey's death, found in UK BMD.
          Attached Files
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Pat Marshall View Post
            Just found Alice Pitts in 1851 census living in Northampton, she was born in Peterborough her father Charles is a Post Office messenger There is a tree on Ancestry and they say she married Joseph Kinsey so its the right one..
            Its listed under Alice Petts b1845 .
            Wow this really looks like its the right one . Maybe chase up all her siblings and check if they all died as she said she was the last of her family.....

            Pat.....
            Hi Pat,

            The 1851 census entry was mentioned below, the occupation of her father and the address in the Peterborough Cathedral Precincts leave no doubt that this is the family mentioned in the Guardian clipping.

            Gary

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
              Hi Pat,

              The 1851 census entry was mentioned below, the occupation of her father and the address in the Peterborough Cathedral Precincts leave no doubt that this is the family mentioned in the Guardian clipping.

              Gary
              Yes Gary, no doubt the same person as in your clip.

              Comment


              • #37
                Alice Pitts had a son

                Found this on GRO might fit with the story that she had a son...

                GRO Reference: 1866 S Quarter in LEICESTER Volume 07A Page 202
                Joseph James Kinsey mums maiden name Pitts

                Pat...........

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
                  Yes Gary, no doubt the same person as in your clip.
                  Hi Jerry,

                  The point I was making was that the 1851 census entry was mentioned on post 4.

                  Gary

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Pat Marshall View Post
                    Found this on GRO might fit with the story that she had a son...

                    GRO Reference: 1866 S Quarter in LEICESTER Volume 07A Page 202
                    Joseph James Kinsey mums maiden name Pitts

                    Pat...........
                    Good find, Pat.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Looks like the child may have died shortly after birth - Dec Q, 1866.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Poor Alice lost a child and a husband within a year. Life was hard back then .....Pat.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          All roads lead to Wandsworth?

                          On 26th June, 1878, Alice Taylor or McKensey, a 32-year-old laundress, was sentenced at Southwark police court to 14 days for being a 'disorderly pauper'. She had 2 previous convictions, the most recent being 7 days on 4/4/77.

                          Her distinguishing mark was a missing thumb tip.

                          Edit: Offence was 'drunk in a thoro'fare', not 'disorderly pauper'. The mistake was due to the misalignment of the pages in the Wandsworth register.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            According to the newspapers Alice's husband died 18th Feb and was living, appropriately, in Joseph St.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                              According to the newspapers Alice's husband died 18th Feb and was living, appropriately, in Joseph St.
                              1889?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                                All roads lead to Wandsworth?

                                On 26th June, 1878, Alice Taylor or McKensey, a 32-year-old laundress, was sentenced at Southwark police court to 14 days for being a 'disorderly pauper'. She had 2 previous convictions, the most recent being 7 days on 4/4/77.

                                Her distinguishing mark was a missing thumb tip.
                                Does this match the description of Claypipe?

                                Height: 5ft 5ins
                                Hair: Dark brown
                                Eyes: Hazel
                                Complexion: Fresh
                                Marks: Lost top of left thumb
                                Weight in/out: 7.11/7.13

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X