Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could These Be Alice Mackenzie's Relatives ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    Does this match the description of Claypipe?

    Height: 5ft 5ins
    Hair: Dark brown
    Eyes: Hazel
    Complexion: Fresh
    Marks: Lost top of left thumb
    Weight in/out: 7.11/7.13
    Very much so, Gary. Nice find!

    "The victim of the murder was about forty-five years of age, and was about five foot four inches in height. She had brown hair and eyes and a fair complexion."

    Alice was missing a portion of the tip of her left thumb.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
      1889?
      Clay Pipe was, of course, describing herself as the the widow of Joseph McKenzie as early as 1875.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
        Very much so, Gary. Nice find!

        "The victim of the murder was about forty-five years of age, and was about five foot four inches in height. She had brown hair and eyes and a fair complexion."

        Alice was missing a portion of the tip of her left thumb.
        Thanks, Jerry. So the prison record seems to provide another alias, Taylor, and an alternative spelling of McKenzie, McKensey, which is very close to Kinsey.

        Comment


        • #49
          There's a report of an Alice McKenzie charged with begging in Peterborough in January 89. The judge let her off.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
            There's a report of an Alice McKenzie charged with begging in Peterborough in January 89. The judge let her off.
            Thanks, Rob. The Guardian speaks of a visit to Peterborough a week before she died.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
              According to the newspapers Alice's husband died 18th Feb and was living, appropriately, in Joseph St.
              The death seems to be listed for March 1867? UK BMD. I posted a clip of the general record.
              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

              Comment


              • #52
                kudos

                Hello Gary. Nice find. Kudos.

                Cheers.
                LC

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Lynn Cates View Post
                  Hello Gary. Nice find. Kudos.

                  Cheers.
                  LC
                  Hello Lynn.

                  Thank you.

                  Gary

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Alice Kinsey, widow of Joseph, a chair-maker, born ca 1846, Peterborough.

                    Alice McKensey/McKenzie, widow of Joseph, a carpenter, born ca 1846, Peterborough.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      With the top of her thumb off ....Yip Yip Yip.....Brilliant finding that article Gary who would have thought it ....Now for Mary Kelly Ha Ha ...

                      Pat.............

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Considering how fast all this information developed from a simple news article, it might be wise to reconsider if MJK used an alias and had a totally made up personal history. Many of us have searched and searched for a little tidbit that would develop into identification of Mary Kelly's family and background. Even though we have lots of information via the inquest and press, all we ever end up with is dead ends.

                        About a year ago I lamented about difficulties with MJK's background and someone replied that we really do not know anything about Alice MacKenzie's background. We do now, as of today! (Mary Kelly still = 0!)
                        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Alice Pitts Birth

                          From GRO
                          Alice Pitts Birth J Qtr 1845... Peterborough ..Mums maiden name Watson
                          Volume 15 page 353

                          With all those brothers and sisters that did outlive her there may be a small chance of a family photo...??

                          Pat....

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Pat Marshall View Post
                            With the top of her thumb off ....Yip Yip Yip.....Brilliant finding that article Gary who would have thought it ....Now for Mary Kelly Ha Ha ...

                            Pat.............
                            Why not? Who'd have thought a couple of years ago that we'd have a photo of Pearly Poll's husband?

                            More research, less argy-bargy, and we'd have the case solved in no time. ;-)

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Hi Anna


                              The year is divided into four quarters for births, marriage and deaths - March quarter (January-March), June quarter (April-June) etc. So Feb 8th would be in the March quarter. Personally I prefer Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                                Hi Anna


                                The year is divided into four quarters for births, marriage and deaths - March quarter (January-March), June quarter (April-June) etc. So Feb 8th would be in the March quarter. Personally I prefer Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4.
                                Not a Milligoon fan, then?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X