Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martha Tabram Final Resting Place

Lindsay Siviter asked me to share this on the Forums :

Hi How please let people know I discovered a few years ago that Martha was buried in The City of London Cemetery along with Polly and Catherine. I also found Emma Elizabeth Smith there, too.

Well done, Lindsay !
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

I could just imagine how hard it was to locate the final resting grounds for Martha Tabram and Emma Smith. It must have taken a lot of perseverance. Lindsay should be commended for it. At least she caught a break with both victims getting buried in the same London cemetery.

I had the pleasure of meeting Lindsay once at the White Hart Pub. Neil Storey and John Bennett were there as well that evening. It was a good time. I thought that pub, with its location right near George Yard, has more of a Whitechapel Mysteries ambience than the Ten Bells Pub has.

Today being the anniversary of Martha's death, I would think that the White Hart Pub would be the place to be tonight.

Comment

Thank you Lindsay for your work. Thank you Joe for your personal reminiscences.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

It's the eve of the 131st anniversary for Martha's passing. Maybe somebody can place a special flower in the City of London Cemetery tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X