The Files On Mary Ann Austin * The Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Files On Mary Ann Austin * The Discussion Thread

Thread for discussing the recent cache of files generously shared by Robert Clack.

This is the link to the page with the files :

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread...443#post362443

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Thread for discussing the recent cache of files generously shared by Robert Clack.

This is the link to the page with the files :

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread...443#post362443
    Great news, How.

Thanks to Rob for generously sharing the files, and to Howard for making them available to us all.

Comment

Gary:

I may have to postpone placing them on the File thread today. After my daily routine here, I'm gonna have to rest.

Comment

I have tried to put the files in some sort of order.

Special Reports
        Statements
        Some odds:
        Legal aid report
        Doctor Olivers two page letter
        Two newspaper extracts
        And the George Neating, Welsh reports.

The telegrams I kept separate. A few of them match up with the Special Reports

Everything should be readable. If anything is not, I have photocopies of all the file as well.

Rob

Comment

Gary:

I may have to postpone placing them on the File thread today. After my daily routine here, I'm gonna have to rest.
          No rush, How👍🏻

Comment

I'll be adding them to the main thread until 8 my time.

I've also added Rob's notations ( i.d.) of each attachment to make it easier to identify 'em.

By the way, Rob did a terrific job making them easy to work with.

Comment

Fascinating!

Divall was convinced the murderer was someone known to the people at 35, Dorset Street. Apparently there was a PC on fixed point duty at the top of Dorset Street, but he was not informed of the attack. So it wasn't the case that they couldn't be arsed to schlep across the road to Commercial Street nick to report the attack.

Comment

Rob found a treasure trove with those old documents. I hope he writes a book from it.

That travelling salesman in the drapery business looks like he has one of the suggested profiles for JtR. He travelled, stayed at various rooms and other places. On the night in question he claimed to have been locked out of his regular room and forced to seek lodging elsewhere. Such frustration could push a murderer over the edge, to relieve his stress by hurting someone.

The suspect's name was McKenzie? Interesting. Because my mind is a mass of free association, I cannot help picturing Alice MacKenzie claiming to be his long lost relative while asking for money or a pint at the pub......
                The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                  Rob found a treasure trove with those old documents. I hope he writes a book from it.

That travelling salesman in the drapery business looks like he has one of the suggested profiles for JtR. He travelled, stayed at various rooms and other places. On the night in question he claimed to have been locked out of his regular room and forced to seek lodging elsewhere. Such frustration could push a murderer over the edge, to relieve his stress by hurting someone.

The suspect's name was McKenzie? Interesting. Because my mind is a mass of free association, I cannot help picturing Alice MacKenzie claiming to be his long lost relative while asking for money or a pint at the pub......
                  I wrote an article based on them. Which Howard has here somewhere. 'Death in the Lodging House' I do want to expand it into a book with a few other ideas. But more research is needed.

Comment

The accusations against Charles White are reminiscent of the denunciation of Pizer in Church Street.

The two women each have two addresses - one has two names!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                      I wrote an article based on them. Which Howard has here somewhere. 'Death in the Lodging House' I do want to expand it into a book with a few other ideas. But more research is needed.
                      That’s good to hear, Rob.

I’m very interested in the case myself - through the prism of Billy Maher.

Comment

Sounds like someone was leaning on witnesses in or around Paternoster Row.

Comment

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread...+lodging+house

Rob's excellent article in Ripper Notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post

By 1901, Alice would have been very thirsty.

Comment

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread...+lodging+house

Rob's excellent article in Ripper Notes.
                              Thanks How, after 14 years I think it still holds up fairly well.

Comment

Working...
                              X