No announcement yet.

Not Lose Sight of the man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=25467 (starting at post #4)

From R.J Palmer in post #6 by Howard.

"The second man is now being watched. He is a resident of the East End, and has been for years. For a long time he has been acting in the most suspicious fashion. He has a business, to which he scarcely ever personally attends. He goes about drinking, and is to be met at all hours of the night in the streets all over the neighborhood. He enters his house at hours when his wife and family have long been at rest. No member of his family dare question him as to his ramblings. He knocks about among the lowest class of women at unearthly hours, although, according to general report, their very appearance is hateful in his sight. His hatred has been produced by physical suffering, for which, like most men of his class, he holds himself perfectly irresponsible. His habits are such as to give one the notion that he is not altogether in a fit position to be allowed to roam at will. Whether he has anything to do with any crime, it is, of course, impossible to say, but he is kept in view."

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
      This isn't exactly relevant but years ago Rob Clack found an article about the Pinchin St murder in an American newspaper and printed alongside it was a diagram of a fenced-off bit of ground and it was labelled with forensic type clues. It pointed out things like fibres on the top of the fence and bits of paper screwed up and discarded-things like that. There was absolutely no explanation of the digram in the paper except that it was somehow related to Pinchin St and had been found or handed in or something if I am remembering it properly. If it was handed in, maybe it was part of the evidence of this 'strange story?'
      Is that article published anywhere, Debs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
        Is that article published anywhere, Debs?
        No, I don't think it is, Jerry. Rob found it years ago. Maybe he will see this and discuss it or he might be saving it for something, not sure. It just sprang to mind as it was a bit strange too.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Karsten:

There was wall writing in or around Artizan's Dwellings....the article Rob and Neil had published in Ripperologist Magazine contains a photo of the graffiti...
          Sorry, Howard! I was not clear enough.

Best regards, Karsten.

Comment

This isn't exactly relevant but years ago Rob Clack found an article about the Pinchin St murder in an American newspaper and printed alongside it was a diagram of a fenced-off bit of ground and it was labelled with forensic type clues. It pointed out things like fibres on the top of the fence and bits of paper screwed up and discarded-things like that. There was absolutely no explanation of the digram in the paper except that it was somehow related to Pinchin St and had been found or handed in or something if I am remembering it properly. If it was handed in, maybe it was part of the evidence of this 'strange story?'
            Debs,

Been a long time to reply to this, but I just stumbled across this very diagram yesterday.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....ghlight=dodger

post #4 and #5

Comment

Debs,

Been a long time to reply to this, but I just stumbled across this very diagram yesterday.

post #4 and #5
              Thanks, Jerry. What happened was I used to share stuff by email with Paul Kearney as we had similar interests in the torso cases, Grainger and other research areas through Winslow. I'd sent Paul this Pinchin related sketch and told him to keep it to himself as it was Rob's find, not mine and Rob had kindly shared it with me. About a year later Paul posted it during a discussion on Pinchin Street, forgetting what I'd said, I politely reminded him about it and he apologised and asked How for it to be removed...which he did, I remember it disappearing! (notice no one comments on it!) For some strange reason it's appeared back again...

Comment

Thanks, Jerry. What happened was I used to share stuff by email with Paul Kearney as we had similar interests in the torso cases, Grainger and other research areas through Winslow. I'd sent Paul this Pinchin related sketch and told him to keep it to himself as it was Rob's find, not mine and Rob had kindly shared it with me. About a year later Paul posted it during a discussion on Pinchin Street, forgetting what I'd said, I politely reminded him about it and he apologised and asked How for it to be removed...which he did, I remember it disappearing! (notice no one comments on it!) For some strange reason it's appeared back again...
                Oops. Sorry!

Comment

Debs:

When we had our recent upgrade, the posts may have reappeared due to that.

If you want me to take something off....by all means, point me in the right direction and I'll do it. Sorry about this....but I know I don't undelete anything anyone asks me to.
                  XXXXXXXX
                  To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                    Debs:

When we had our recent upgrade, the posts may have reappeared due to that.

If you want me to take something off....by all means, point me in the right direction and I'll do it. Sorry about this....but I know I don't undelete anything anyone asks me to.
                    XXXXXXXX
                    I don't mind at all, How. It's back now and I for one am glad. xx

Comment

Is the diagram supposed to relate to Pinchin Street?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                        Is the diagram supposed to relate to Pinchin Street?
                        Gary,

Read the last paragraph of the article posted by How in post #1 of this thread. http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....ghlight=dodger

Starts with "Another murder is expected in a few days."

Comment

Gary,

Read the last paragraph of the article posted by How in post #1 of this thread. http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....ghlight=dodger

Starts with "Another murder is expected in a few days."
                          I did read it, Jerry. I'm just having a problem relating the 'cottages' and gardens etc to Pinchin Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                            I did read it, Jerry. I'm just having a problem relating the 'cottages' and gardens etc to Pinchin Street.
                            200 yards away, but which direction? Would it be the yard the Board of Works used to cut up stones?

Can you make out the scribble on the sketch? I see Brick Wall and Vacant Ground on the left and Thomas something also? On the right John something?

Comment

Debs,

post #4 and #5
                              Regarding Forbes Winslow's New York Herald article including sketch of a future murder scene:

The Truth, July 1889
                              the truth July 1889.JPG

Comment

Debs,

I don't know how I missed your post. Thank you for this.

I am a little confused where the sketch of the next murder came from, though. The article says Winslow produced it, but where did he get it from?

Comment

Working...
                                X