Why leave the arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why leave the arms?

I've been pondering this question lately in regard to the Pinchin torso. If the Pinchin torso was one in a series with the Rainham, Whitehall and Jackson torsos, why did the killer in this one instance decide to leave the arms on the victim, unlike the others in the series where he removed arms and legs? It seems this killer had the time to remove the arms if he wanted to.

Any ideas?

Good question Jerry. Why the dismembering in the first place? Was it to hide id? If so, very successful. Could the arms being left have something to do with the disposal? I imagine the arms may have been removed in some cases because of the way the killer planned to package the body parts? There isn't much reason to remove the arms in terms of identification purposes, unless there is an identifying mark or fingerprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
      I've been pondering this question lately in regard to the Pinchin torso. If the Pinchin torso was one in a series with the Rainham, Whitehall and Jackson torsos, why did the killer in this one instance decide to leave the arms on the victim, unlike the others in the series where he removed arms and legs? It seems this killer had the time to remove the arms if he wanted to.

Any ideas?
      Possibly because it wasn't the same killer as the man responsible for the Rainham, Whitehall and Jackson cases?
      Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
      https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
      Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Any ideas?
        I don't think there is any way to think of one good reason but there are things to think about. I would think size and weight of the victim might figure in. If a female victim was very small with petite arms and the remains could be packaged in a small bundle, maybe it was not worthwhile to remove the arms.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Maybe he had to change lodgings quickly.

Comment

Its easier to move a torso that has arms attached.

They are heavy, slippery and you get stains on your shirt if you dont have arms to grab.

A slippery 30-40 kg torso is not an easy thing to get to grips with so arms are handy.

P

Comment

Yes Lars but he could have left, say, six inches of arms attached, then used the armpits to move the torso.

Comment

Indeed Robert....but a couple of feet of arm has to be more convenient than some kind of stumps?

You can drag a torso by the arms without even bending over. A couple of stumps still necessitates some inconvenience.

P

Comment

OK Lars, the murderer suffered from lumbago.

Comment

Why do people think that just because you are a murderer you are willing to over exert yourself ?

P

Comment

Any ideas?
                      ritualistic reasons probably-only known to the killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                        OK Lars, the murderer suffered from lumbago.

Robert, Can you name the top ten hit that mentions lumbago ?

Comment

Hi Jon

Lazy Sunday - Small Faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                            Hi Jon

Lazy Sunday - Small Faces.

Nice one, an easy one for you I think ?

Comment

People dont seem to get lumbago that much these days.

Like rheumatism.

Or ague. Even dyspepsia seems to be out-of fashion.

Rupia...... you dont hear much of that anymore.

P

Comment

Working...
                              X