Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In A Supine Position : A Connecting Link ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anna

In a way, an example of what I'm talking about.
    Hard to figure how this wasn't considered attempted murder....but Magistrate Williams probably figured it would be to the wife and children's advantage to have the scumbag father around to support them financially. You don't take a knife to someone's throat unless you want to kill them....at least I don't think so.
    Anyway...........
    Man attacks woman's neck/throat region with knife. Had he connected, she'd probably have died. But she was standing while it happened.
    These sort of knife attacks are the norm from my experience reading the papers.

East London Advertiser
    September 5, 1891
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

And of course there was Mr. Brown, who killed his wife Sarah the same night as Stride and Eddowes were murdered. Indicative of rage killings, Brown was careless and sloppy--and remorseful. The physical evidence in the other two point to something more premeditated, deliberate and quickly effective -- Schwartz's testimony not withstanding.
      Best Wishes,
      Cris Malone

Comment

Good one Cris....thanks !
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Anna

In a way, an example of what I'm talking about.
          Hard to figure how this wasn't considered attempted murder....but Magistrate Williams probably figured it would be to the wife and children's advantage to have the scumbag father around to support them financially. You don't take a knife to someone's throat unless you want to kill them....at least I don't think so.
          Anyway...........
          Man attacks woman's neck/throat region with knife. Had he connected, she'd probably have died. But she was standing while it happened.
          These sort of knife attacks are the norm from my experience reading the papers.

East London Advertiser
          September 5, 1891
          There were also cases where wives were attacked in bed. I was going through Old Bailey cases looking for information to support or refute the idea presented here. My time frame was 1885-1891 in consideration of Whitechapel Murderer(s) beginning and winding down. I got interrupted before I got through 1885.

Henry Norman, victim Ellen Norman 14/9/1885-- stabbing. Victim was found thus, "his wife lying in bed on her back, apparently asleep." But she was stabbed to death.

There was another complicated case I didn't note because I got interrupted, where a man, I think not a husband, almost decapitated a female companion with a "dagger" while she was in bed. (This one got my attention of course but I think the man was detained as a lunatic. This case is worth a second look for general purposes. Wonder if he was "sane" by 1888?)
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Working...
          X