No announcement yet.

Pearly Poll's whereabouts in Autumn 1888-New research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was Mr Tenpenny's gaff, wasn't it? Where Alice McKenzie lived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
      That was Mr Tenpenny's gaff, wasn't it? Where Alice McKenzie lived.
      I think you're right, Gary. Good spot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
        I think you're right, Gary. Good spot!
        Thanks, Debs.

As we know, Foggy was at a Brick Lane address on Census night, 1891.

Comment

• Not sure if this is Pearly Poll or not but just in case.... The name and incident occurring in the Ratcliff Hwy/St Georges Street area got my attention a little.

https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/brow...15_H#highlight

Comment

• It’s just occurred to me that Poll’s address at one point in 1893 was No. 8 [Northeast Passage] Cable Street. Was that the address she gave when she entered the infirmary?

Comment

It’s just occurred to me that Poll’s address at one point in 1893 was No. 8 [Northeast Passage] Cable Street. Was that the address she gave when she entered the infirmary?
              Gary, can you be more specific? When you say it just occurred to you PP lived at No. 8 [Northeast Passage] Cable Street, I'm presuming you saw her listed at the address somewhere?

Comment

Gary, can you be more specific? When you say it just occurred to you PP lived at No. 8 [Northeast Passage] Cable Street, I'm presuming you saw her listed at the address somewhere?
                The 1893 Catholic census.

Comment

• Debs,

Do you recall the name of the priest who conducted Poll and Foggy’s marriage? Was it the J. O’Reilly who carried out the census?

Comment

• I'm out at the moment but will have a look when I get back in if you haven't found it before then

Comment

I'm out at the moment but will have a look when I get back in if you haven't found it before then
                      Thank you.

Comment

Debs,

Do you recall the name of the priest who conducted Poll and Foggy’s marriage? Was it the J. O’Reilly who carried out the census?
                        Sorry, Gary. I couldn't find the image of the original entry and I didn't note the priests name in the transcribed version. I have just switched to Windows 11 and am struggling to find images and documents I have saved to 'One Drive' that I used to be able to located easily with Windows 10. Once I figure out how to search, I'll try and find the image.
                        The transcript does give both Poll and Foggy's address as 8 NE Passage btw.

Comment

Sorry, Gary. I couldn't find the image of the original entry and I didn't note the priests name in the transcribed version. I have just switched to Windows 11 and am struggling to find images and documents I have saved to 'One Drive' that I used to be able to located easily with Windows 10. Once I figure out how to search, I'll try and find the image.
                          The transcript does give both Poll and Foggy's address as 8 NE Passage btw.
                          Thanks, Debs. I was just curious as to whether the priest who had noted that they were NOT MARRIED was the one who had married them a few months later. The census form identified the ‘mission’ as being the Church of the English Martyrs.

Comment

Thanks, Debs. I was just curious as to whether the priest who had noted that they were NOT MARRIED was the one who had married them a few months later. The census form identified the ‘mission’ as being the Church of the English Martyrs.
                            Which is where they were married, as you probably remember. I'll keep looking for the cert. image

Comment

Which is where they were married, as you probably remember. I'll keep looking for the cert. image
                              Yes, indeed.

I’ve just read that cardiovascular syphilis was (less so nowadays) a common cause of tracheal tug.

Comment

Debs,

It was a J. O’Ryan O.M.S.

Comment

Working...
                                X