Szwarz/Shine/Schwartz ~ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Anna

Well, I'll have to excuse myself from this discussion as I have more chance of understanding quantum mechanics than female psychology.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
      Hi Anna

Well, I'll have to excuse myself from this discussion as I have more chance of understanding quantum mechanics than female psychology.
      Oh....I expected a Shakespeare quote. Can't you imaging Liz furiously brushing her skirt before going out and cursing softly, "Out damned spot! Out, I say!"?

There is food for though in what I have suggested. I would also suggest, if Liz took time to pull out her cachous, she was not running for her life and she thought she had enough time to present herself decently. Maybe BS Man did walk away but saw her approaching, or thought she was approaching, the back door of the club, so he pounced.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

(KNOCK ON DOOR. MRS DIEMSCHUTZ OPENS)

MRS D : Yes?

LIZ : Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
        You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
        Till you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd the cocks!

MRS D : What are you talking about? The weather's fine. (SNIFFS) You been drinking?

LIZ : Um - I am a Jew. Hath
        not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
        dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
        the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
        to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
        warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
        a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?

MRS D : That's true. That's very true. All right, come in - but leave Jack the Ripper outside. I've got a licence to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
          (KNOCK ON DOOR. MRS DIEMSCHUTZ OPENS)

MRS D : Yes?

LIZ : Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
          You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
          Till you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd the cocks!

MRS D : What are you talking about? The weather's fine. (SNIFFS) You been drinking?

LIZ : Um - I am a Jew. Hath
          not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
          dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
          the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
          to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
          warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
          a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?

MRS D : That's true. That's very true. All right, come in - but leave Jack the Ripper outside. I've got a licence to keep.

Now that's more like it! A real masterpiece! That should be a weekly caption contest winner. As You see I have already voted!

Comment

Considering Robert's educated and classic response below, I assume clubs WERE licensed. Big cities like London seem to have ways to license just about everything.

We know that individuals were frequently charged with selling alcohol without a license or doing after hours sales. If a club allowed drinking, how was it licensed? Did it sell alcohol? If members brought their own bottles, could they drink all night long? Once the pubs closed, could private clubs be venues where drinking could continue?

I should have made a Point to Ponder.

My point is, the C-5 seem to have all been killed when pubs were closed. The Double Event started with Liz about the 1:00 AM closing time and the others happened later in the morning but before the 6:00 AM (?) opening time. I get a picture of JtR getting liquored up at the pubs then acting out on his fantasies. A number of serial killers do this sort of thing, drink up their courage.

But considering Polly, Annie and Mary, Jack would have had a number of hours to sober up and lose that courage. Could he have extended the evening and continued drinking at a private club? Can we match the murder night/mornings with special gatherings at any of the clubs? We can do this with the Double Event. How about the others?

Comment

Bump Up
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Working...
              X