Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen Maywood

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by San Fran View Post
    Yes, I remember now. I think it was in the Mysteries Within The Mystery section but I can't find it.
    Oh dear!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

      I created a thread ‘Mrs Phoenix’s Motivation’ (or similar).

      Has that disappeared?
      Gary, it has definitely disappeared and can't be linked to from the sub forum it's in but there is a cached version of a small section of it here. Maybe someone else can get the whole of it?
      https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

      Edit: If you alter the page number in the full URL in your browser you can get the other pages in the thread

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post

        Gary, it has definitely disappeared and can't be linked to from the sub forum it's in but there is a cached version of a small section of it here. Maybe someone else can get the whole of it?
        https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

        Edit: If you alter the page number in the full URL in your browser you can get the other pages in the thread
        Thanks Debs.



        Comment


        • Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
          I believe Mrs Hewitt’s husband was a horse keeper or something along those lines, so I attach credence to her ‘drover’ description.
          I agree that this individual if not the one with “the horse shoe tie pin” (more than just for good luck?) is an individual of interest. I've seen a lot of true crime involving the "horse set".

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

            Thanks Debs.


            It’s a little worrying that it’s disappeared, but I doubt it contained much of any significance.

            I was surprised that some seemed to think Mrs ‘P’ had gone to the cops out of a sense of civic duty. For me the two most likely explanations are that she was trying to deflect attention from either her husband or her brother-in-law and painting Kelly in a bad light as someone who might get herself into a sticky situation with a customer.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by San Fran View Post
              I agree that this individual if not the one with “the horse shoe tie pin” (more than just for good luck?) is an individual of interest. I've seen a lot of true crime involving the "horse set".
              Maywood was obviously horsey, and there’s a great photo of his blind brother wearing a horseshoe tie pin. And of course there’s the connection to Romford, which had a weekly horse auction. Maywood was recorded fighting there on one occasion.




              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

                I was surprised that some seemed to think Mrs ‘P’ had gone to the cops out of a sense of civic duty. For me the two most likely explanations are that she was trying to deflect attention from either her husband or her brother-in-law and painting Kelly in a bad light as someone who might get herself into a sticky situation with a customer.
                If she was the one who mentioned Mrs Buki and the retrieval of the box of dresses with MJK (and both statements came out on the 12th), then it throws a whole new light on the motive.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                  Maywood was obviously horsey, and there’s a great photo of his blind brother wearing a horseshoe tie pin. And of course there’s the connection to Romford, which had a weekly horse auction. Maywood was recorded fighting there on one occasion.
                  Being horsey and having the letter M in your name is part of my profile but there are definitely other candidates and suspects and fit.

                  In the end, there was no reason for Phoenix to come forward with a motive of "deflection" until after the name Morganstone became part of the Mary Jane Kelly story. But the story about Phoenix's statement and the Morganstone story came out on the same day - the 12th - the day of the inquest, based on my search of the Casebook press reports. Her statement to the police was made on the 11th, the day before the inquest. So there's no way according to this timeline that she knew Morganstone was named.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X