X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Debs.

Comment

Thanks Robert. Yes, that looks like Thomas and Sarah were related going by the Studley name given.
      I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Sarah Lewis, later Gotheimer, left her 10 week old baby with a relative who also had a young baby in the belief that she might feed it during the night but it's a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Debs, yes it would seem more natural to walk to Bow with the baby and spend the night there rather than walking to Bow (assuming her brother was still living there) and then walk back to Miller's Court for a kip - unless, as you suggest, she was looking for custom, and maybe expected more punters from Spitalfields. But in that case, why didn't she proposition GH?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
          Debs, yes it would seem more natural to walk to Bow with the baby and spend the night there rather than walking to Bow (assuming her brother was still living there) and then walk back to Miller's Court for a kip - unless, as you suggest, she was looking for custom, and maybe expected more punters from Spitalfields. But in that case, why didn't she proposition GH?
          All good points, Robert.

Comment

Debs/Robert,

Can you provide a link to the Casebook thread where this was discussed?

I looked but couldn't find it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
              Debs/Robert,

Can you provide a link to the Casebook thread where this was discussed?

I looked but couldn't find it.

Gary
              Gary, I can't find anything on google. I think Robert and my conversation about it was via email . I know I expressed the opinion that I wasn't convinced by the ID on a casebook thread quite recently but the ins and outs weren't discussed on that occasion.
              I can't recall an actual thread about the ID on casebook.

Robert has a better memory than me on this. This is apparently one of the things that fell out of my ears when I was trying to cram too much Poll and Foggy information in to my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                Gary, I can't find anything on google. I think Robert and my conversation about it was via email . I know I expressed the opinion that I wasn't convinced by the ID on a casebook thread quite recently but the ins and outs weren't discussed on that occasion.
                I can't recall an actual thread about the ID on casebook.

Robert has a better memory than me on this. This is apparently one of the things that fell out of my ears when I was trying to cram too much Poll and Foggy information in to my brain.
                Poor old Foggy gets the blame for everything!

Comment

Debs do you mind if I copy Gary in on the mails? I've just read through them and you didn't give your doughnut recipe away or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                    Debs do you mind if I copy Gary in on the mails? I've just read through them and you didn't give your doughnut recipe away or anything.
                    Okay, as long as you didn't photograph my front door.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                      Poor old Foggy gets the blame for everything!
                      I found this thread, Gary. There's some discussion of the ID made by Chris on it.
                      https://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?p=417277

Comment

I think I will start a thread on casebook about Sarah Lewis nee Pike and link back here. Someone on there may be able to add to the information.

Comment

I was just going to post that myself, Debs. I think the bits about Gotheimer et al start around 766 and end around 990 but with a hell of a lot of gaps. I just can't read it all now.

Comment

Thanks, Robert.

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

I'm lacking some of my research tools at the mo, but I believe Sarah's father, Thomas Pike, was convicted of stealing walking sticks in Dec., 1870.

Comment

Working...
                                X