Caroline Maxwell ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caroline Maxwell ID

As far as I know there has been no ID of Caroline Maxwell although there is a possible for her husband in 88, Henry Maxwell, living at George Yard in 1871?

I was looking through the Spitalfields marriage registers again and came across these two people who were witnesses for a marriage between Nicholas McGuire and Ellen West in Feb 1884. The couple getting married lived at 25 Great Pearl Street Spitalfields.
    The witnesses were a Henry Maxewell and a woman named Caroline Perkins.
    There's nothing to say the pair were a couple themselves but I thought the combination of names interesting and wondered if maybe this pair went on to marry or were shacked up together as husband and wife in Spitalfields between the census snapshots of 81 and 91?

Click image for larger version

Name:	henry maxwell.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	564522

Nice find, Debs....I hope that this is the Caroline Maxwell !

XXXXX
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      Nice find, Debs....I hope that this is the Caroline Maxwell !

XXXXX
      It's a starting point, How.
      Witnesses tend to be friends or family of the bridal couple and often times a male and female witness will have some sort of relationship with each other, not always, but it's worth mentioning for further research I think, xx

Comment

First Lewis then Maxwell.....are you decluttering, Debs?

There was a Henry Maxwell died 1889 aged 52. I suppose at some point his certificate will have to be obtained, if no one's done it already.

Comment

In April, 1877 a 23-year-old seaman named Henry Maxwell was admitted to the Whitechapel Infirmary from the Crispin Street Refuge, suffering from pleurisy.

Comment

I'd imagine that the names "Caroline" and "Maxwell" would be comparatively infrequent in themselves, let alone in combination, so this is looking promising to me.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
            (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

In 1871 there was a person of the right age and name on a ship in Weymouth, born Walner Kent. He was a boy 2nd class.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post

There was a Henry Maxwell died 1889 aged 52. I suppose at some point his certificate will have to be obtained, if no one's done it already.
                And another in Whitechapel in June, 1900, aged 55.

Comment

I think that is a very promising lead, Debra. I would be thinking the same as you are. Good luck finding more!
                  The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

I thought I had better put it here for future reference in case I completely forgot about it.

Comment

Thanks for the Maxwell info Gary and Robert. I will order the 89 death certificate Robert,

I've been following the Caroline Perkins angle and have come up with a couple of things that might be worth following up:

In Sept 1881 there's a Caroline Perkins, wife of John, a coachman in the Whitechapel Infirmary. Caroline had a stillborn child and was discharged in Oct 81.

The only John Perkins, coachman, with wife Caroline that I could find was in the 1871 census at Stoke Newington. The couple were both born outside London.

I'm having trouble marrying up those two records age wise.But the name and occupation matches are there.

If John died and Caroline was a widow she might have then taken up with Henry Maxwell I'm thinking.

Comment

This one died of pneumonia in the Whitechapel Infirmary on 24th May 1889.

Comment

This coachman is a tough nut to crack!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                            And another in Whitechapel in June, 1900, aged 55.
                            Was this one ever checked out?

Comment

I havenít been able to find the HM in George Yard in 1871.

Comment

Working...
                              X